Help; Royal mail have lost laptop

Options
2»

Comments

• krissy08
    krissy08 Posts: 381 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ok I get it. We posted the computer to an office in lambeth. Is it work calling the royal mail deliveries in that area? Actually they are not picking up the phone- but would they be able to help?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    krissy08 wrote: »
    Thank you very much every one. He did pay £12.80 to post it but was quoted a little over £30 when he asked about registered. I guess we'll receive the claim back in the post then because I signed it.
    It's been 8 days, when you say it can be delayed, do you think this is still within the time frame?

AS per my earlier post the ROyal mail don't consider it lost yet, only delayed. You've got another couple of weeks before they will even consider a claim from you for loss.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't telephone, write a letter/ fill in a form. Since you didn't send the item to be signed for I wonder if you won't have a hard time proving that it has not arrived. Isn't insurance intended for damage, and recorded delivery intended for proof of receipt? :confused:
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fire_Fox wrote: »
    Don't telephone, write a letter/ fill in a form. Since you didn't send the item to be signed for I wonder if you won't have a hard time proving that it has not arrived. Isn't insurance intended for damage, and recorded delivery intended for proof of receipt? :confused:

Recorded is just standard post so covers up to £36 of loss, however OP suggest this item was actually sent as a parcel.

Standard mail including parcels and recorded is covered against loss as well as damage, although there are exclusions for damage. The claim form is a standard one and cna be obtained online or from a PO, there is no need to send letters or phone, just fill out the claim form at the correct time.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure