Talk Talk broadband

Options
Thinking of changing to Broadband. Anybody use talk talk, I've seen it for 14.99 as I,m already a phone user.

Does anyone have any views on them or on tiscali

Thanks

Comments

• Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    see Adslguide
  • mrJ_5
    mrJ_5 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Options
    talktalk gets throttled during the day, so you download really slow
  • ShallowStu
    ShallowStu Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I've been with talk talk for about a month now. I sometimes have problems connecting, but these are usually shortlived.
  • Lauting
    Lauting Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I've been with talk talk for nearly a year, interms of reliability of connection the service is fine. But if you download a fair bit then they block ports and at peak times you cannnot download at all. And recently they have put a halt on downloading all together and for this reason i'm looking to join a different isp.
  • *!*HIBS*!*
    *!*HIBS*!* Posts: 551 Forumite
    Options
    I have been with them for over a year. I don't do P2P downloading so can't comment on that part. They have been well over the year. Am usually on in the afternoon and evening, use for browsing and email and its ok.
    ShallowStu wrote:
    I sometimes have problems connecting, but these are usually shortlived.
    I agree with ShallowStu. This maybe because of maintenance or whatever but its not long before i can get back on. The connection is reliable too.

With regards to the problems of said ISP, on other fourms its possible that you might not experience it when you are with them. Just like with any organisation you may sometimes experience bad luck whereas others don't.

Don't forget to Quidco it when signing up for TT BB for £20 bonus.
    vbmenu_register("postmenu_1675826", true);
  • volks400
    volks400 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    im using talk talk landline for over 2 years now that is what they are best at. for bb i needed someone who could give me unlimited downloads so 8 months ago i went for tesco bb. i usually use it for PS2 online gaming , heavy downloads etc havent seen any problems till yet. always connects when i want.
  • wisperingwill
    Options
    yes i have gone to talk talk broadband also talk talk phone rental and allcalls ontalk talk 3 no problems at all much better than aol and a lot cheaper.
    live as you want and not as others want you to live and your world will be fine . .
  • rooo
    rooo Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been on Talk Talk broadband for over a year and apart from the odd, very short lived connection problem (especially recently) they have been fine.

I have just started looking to see if I can get a better deal (I'm on 512kbps for £14.99) and have since heard a lot of bad things about them. I have not experienced these problems, but then I only use the computer in the evening.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure