Disabled Water Rates

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Water Bills
1 reply 3.6K views
20 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Water Bills
I have just taken the keys to a flat yesterday having been in hospital for 1 year, I am on DLA and wheelchair bound and the 1 bedroom flat is unfurnished.. I have started to pay rent from yesterday but wont be moving in for a while, when should I alert the waterboard that I am the new tenant, when should I start paying for the water..please help


  • Hi! I worked in the water industry before and I'm very familiar with your situation. If you are being hospitalised, many water companies do not charge water at all as long as you can provide proof.

    I would suggest you to contact Ofwat and Consumer Council for Water for more advice. You can contact them by email or post and just put everything in reasonable detail Good luck!
    I used to be part of the water industry. If you need any advice, feel free to ask me :A
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals