How do i select a Stocks & Shares ISA ?

Options
Do i really need to use a Financial Advisor for this ?

Can i review performance tables to include initial start up fees and annual management fee rates.

ps non high rate tax payer, thankfully

Comments

• shrewsaver
    shrewsaver Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    No you don't really but it is best to consult one to advise you on the best ones for your needs but you can do it on your own at places like Interactive Investor etc.

It might be worth looking at companies ewbsites like New Star, Fidelity etc to get some brochures sent to you and then you can make a decision from reading the brochures.

But as I said, it would be worth speaking to a IFA before you do start to give you some pointers.
    Save £12K IN 2013 Member #217 £3654.88/£6,000 (60%)
    Shares: £273.36 (Bought £494.14) £220.78
    SIPP: £5,366.63 (Bought £5,429.44) £503
    S&S ISA: £11,560.70 (Bought £10,537.58) £1,023.12
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,431 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do i really need to use a Financial Advisor for this ?

No.
    Can i review performance tables to include initial start up fees and annual management fee rates.

A limited amount of data is available free of charge on sites like Morningstar and Trustnet. However, you need to understand the data and what it means.

What has past performance got to do with future potential?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure