We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Strada Vouchers Discussion

Options

Comments

• lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Has anyone tried the one in Highgate and are they more expensive than Prezzo?

I had no problems downloading the voucher, after I pressed submit it said that if I hadn't received the voucher I could click the message and the voucher came up.
  • ipswichblade
    Options
    Got to the Bury St Edmunds Strada last night just before 6.30pm and it was almost empty but when asking for a table we were told they didn't have a table until after 9pm. So disappointing as we've never eaten here before and were looking forward to making use of the voucher.
  • RUFFYONEVILLA
    Options
    I can thoroughly recommend Strada Lakeside.
    It the first time in as long as I can remember that I've actually been served by staff in a uk restaurant that actaully seemed to give a monkeys about customer service. The Chef obviously cares too, but I was told he was Australian not English so that probably explains it.
    It was also the first time in years that the steak actually arrived as I'd ordered it!
    Beware if you order rare, you WILL get Rare!
    At Strada, we got free bottled water (tap water i think!) which was a nice touch, and they kept it coming, and when we asked for the bill they also gave us free lemon liquors! Nice touch again, cant remember ever having this service in a chain in the uk EVER!
    Defo go back, but will do a cash tip next time.

The place beats Pizza Express hands down. Pizza Express has really gone downhill lately, dont go to Chelmsford Pizza express, they used Salad cream instead of ceasar dressing and ran out of parmesan cheese! What a bunch of muppetts!
  • RUFFYONEVILLA
    Options
    Sorry I meant to say Brentwood Pizza Express, Chelmsford was not that bad, although my wife was I'll when we ate at Chelmsford! lol.
  • talulahbeige_2
    Options
    I went to the York Strada for the first time the other week and was so impressed i thought it was a stand alone retsuarant, I'm now amazed to find its a chain!
    The food was fantastic, the seafood pasta had the plumpest mussels I have ever eaten (and i eat alot of them), the rosemary garlic bread was huge and my partner was very impressed with his pizza.

I'm all exicted now I know I dont have to go to York to try them again.
  • *manda*
    *manda* Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I meant to say Brentwood Pizza Express, Chelmsford was not that bad, although my wife was I'll when we ate at Chelmsford! lol.

We had a lovely meal in the Chelmsford one a while ago.

We ate in the St.Pauls branch a few weeks ago and the service was really slow. Otherwise we've had no complaints at any of the branches we've used. The melt in the middle pudding is divine!!
  • purplepardalis
    Options
    If anyone still wants to know; More London is an office and restaurant complex on the south side of the Thames by the Mayor's building!
  • thepearce
    thepearce Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    twiz21 wrote: »
    There is an optional service charge added to your bill. It is clearly listed. You don't have to pay this if you don't want to. As stoneman says, the staff will not get any of it.

I have not paid this 3 times recently, no problem from staff, and have given a cash tip instead.
    Ditto...... they used to be one of the tips abusers, then the law changed, now they just employ a new method. Google strada tips. I emailed them once about their policy - never did receive a reply.

I crossed this off and gave the equivalent tip and said why.
  • talulahbeige_2
    Options
    Does anyone know of any current vouchers?
  • Merkin
    Merkin Posts: 54 Forumite
    edited 5 March 2010 at 2:45PM
    Options
    thepearce wrote: »
    Ditto...... they used to be one of the tips abusers, then the law changed, now they just employ a new method. Google strada tips. I emailed them once about their policy - never did receive a reply.

I crossed this off and gave the equivalent tip and said why.

From the Strada website:

All employees receive at least National Minimum Wage. Tips and service charge are paid in addition to National Minimum Wage.
    Both credit card tips and service charge paid are subject to a 10% deduction for administrative and other house costs, prior to a full distribution to employees in the restaurant through the company’s payroll system.
    The 10% deduction covers the cost of credit card fees, payroll bureau processing costs and other direct house and administration costs.
    Any tips paid in cash are retained by the waiter. They may or may not have arrangements in place to share these tips with other employees in the restaurant and staff in the restaurant kitchen. It is the responsibility of those receiving cash tips to declare the income for tax purposes to HM Revenue & Customs. The company does not participate in any aspect of cash tips.

Companys can keep the service charge if they want and don't have to publish their policy about it so if you're not sure it's best to pay cash.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport