Strada Vouchers Discussion

Options

This is a special discussion linked to whenever there are Strada vouchers available in the

Restaurant Vouchers Deals Note

Why not share your thoughts about Strada and, more importantly, the best bargains and dish recommendations when you dine there.

... just click reply to add your comments

Grab the latest MSE Deals
Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
Get Martin's Money Tips
Join the MSE Forum

Comments

• lily_the_pink
    lily_the_pink Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love the food and menu in Strada - more varied than Pizza express though the 2 locations I have eaten in (one somewhere in central london and the other in Chiswick) both suffered from very neutral service (in fact that is almost flattering). Not only slow but also a general "couldnt care less attitude" which is a shame as the food is good.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They keep the tip that is added onto your bill. the staff see none of it. I know this to be fact as a friend of mine worked there for 1 year and eventually packed in because of this. I will not eat there again
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • twiz21
    twiz21 Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    They keep the tip that is added onto your bill. the staff see none of it. I know this to be fact as a friend of mine worked there for 1 year and eventually packed in because of this. I will not eat there again

There is an optional service charge added to your bill. It is clearly listed. You don't have to pay this if you don't want to. As stoneman says, the staff will not get any of it.

I have not paid this 3 times recently, no problem from staff, and have given a cash tip instead.
  • Lavendyr
    Lavendyr Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I take the tip off the bill and tip the waiter/waitress in cash. That way much more likely that the actual person who served you will see the money.

We had a meal there the other night on the latest voucher (in Metro). There were about 2 waitresses working that evening and clearly the voucher had generated more interest than they were expecting because they were rushed off their feet, but they were still friendly, polite and reasonably quick to serve. I did see one couple walk out because having been shown to their seats they were thereafter completely ignored for about 20 minutes, but otherwise the service was excellent and the food is really, really good (especially their pizzas and they also do very good fish). Highly recommended.
  • dobson_2
    Options
    Great meal fish shop with rich ragu sauce for me,my friend had red mullet. Water with out asking for or paying for. Friendly staff. Will go again.
  • Linguistic_Chimp
    Options
    Can anyone tell me which London restaurants this 2 4 1 Strada voucher is or isn't valid in?

The voucher doesn't make it clear, naming a few that it isn't valid in, including something mysteriously named 'More London' - what does that mean????
  • peterg11
    Options
    not cheap but the voucher makes it good value overall. Have tried 5 different Stradas and been impressed.
  • marklv
    marklv Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    Options
    I don't like the tip being added automatically - psychological pressure. Might be worth taking this to Watchdog.
  • spal123
    spal123 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    voucher unavailable...
  • beckyfoulds
    Options
    I'm having problems downloading the voucher too... Anyone got any top tips to get it to work?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure