opened isa account, now desire another!

Options
hi there,
just started the ball rolling by opening a halifax 3%fixed rate isa, got the account number, waiting for paperwork in the post for transfer, no money deposited yet.

can i now change my mind and open a first direct 3.1%!! fixed rate isa? and disregard the halifax account?

thanks in advance.
Please note, we've had to remove your signature because it was sh*te!

Comments

• Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, as long as you haven't subscribed anything to the Halifax account.
  • johnhyp
    johnhyp Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I did the same thing by opening a Birmingham Midshires ISA account online, awaiting paperwork but no money has been transferred, i gave my NI number while applying and agreed to the credit checks. Am i allowed to apply for the First Direct ISA and forget about the BM ISA?

Thanks
    John
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    johnhyp wrote: »
    I did the same thing by opening a Birmingham Midshires ISA account online, awaiting paperwork but no money has been transferred, i gave my NI number while applying and agreed to the credit checks. Am i allowed to apply for the First Direct ISA and forget about the BM ISA
    Same answer as above - an ISA isn't an ISA until a subcription has been made (i.e. until new money has been paid into it).
  • bockster
    bockster Posts: 448 Forumite
    Options
    dooooe!!!
    thought i had online banking with fd thats why i was wanting to go that way. turns out account closed, prob due to none use, (only opened it for a case of wine:rotfl: ). so now i have to open the isa as a new customer.
    however, offer ended today for new customers!!!:mad: .
    i think its still open for existing customers though not posative.
    ah well, back to the halifax.
    Please note, we've had to remove your signature because it was sh*te!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure