Transfer to one account and save in another?

Options
Is it possible to open two cash isa accounts in the same year if one is used to transfer money from a previous years ISA and the other one is used for new saving?

Comments

• whu
    whu Posts: 23,461 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes - you "open" the new one with the new money and then transfer the old one into another ISA which does not count as "opening "a new ISA
    Keep the Faith:cool:
  • Darwood
    Darwood Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you
    Whu's da man! (see what I did there?)
  • The-OC
    Options
    how would you go about this with a natwest e-isa? i want to transfer in previous years, but not save for this current year.
    in order to open it, the website asks you for an initial deposit. wouldn't this then count as current year deposit? there doesn't seem to be any way to indicate you only want the account to transfer in.
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    The-OC wrote: »
    how would you go about this with a natwest e-isa? i want to transfer in previous years, but not save for this current year.
    in order to open it, the website asks you for an initial deposit. wouldn't this then count as current year deposit? there doesn't seem to be any way to indicate you only want the account to transfer in.
    Just go to a Natwest branch and arrange the transfer.
  • manic_saver
    Options
    Being silly here :o, but i've opened up an isa reward with the halifax today for year 09/10, and transfering money from another isa into this one.

Now can i open up another i.e natwest e-isa, starting with new money and leave the halifax isa as it is (while the transfer process is going through)?
  • whu
    whu Posts: 23,461 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes no problem
    Keep the Faith:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income