Bulldog 4MB DSL + Line Rental offer

Options
Just came back from my local Homebase where Bulldog have a POS today. Advertised is the offer that is also on the www. It works out a good deal on the web, no connection charge, first 2 months free and no line rental to BT at 40 pounds per month. Currently I pay 24 pounds for 1 MB plus 9.99 to BT.

Total cost of ownership of the bulldog offer (4 MB) is 400 for 12 months vs my 414 (with only 1 Mega).

It could get better ' apparently it is a 1 month contract AND if you pay on direct debit the monthly fee drops to 30....This is apparently only available at the POS.

Will check it tomorrow but if that is the case the savings would be 114 a year with 4 Mega and NO USAGE LIMITS.

Anyone came across this deal/is aware of better deals?

Ciao

Comments

• shrek101
    shrek101 Posts: 2,249 Forumite
    Options
    Problem is Bulldog cover only a small area of the country mainly London. Also the reason why they are so cheap is that the exchange has to be in unbundled from BT ie Local loop.

There has bene many people reported in adslguide.org.uk that the servcie they give in the past has been pretty bad, however that may not be the case now. I suggest to check there first.

No longer a user, goodbye folks. PLEASE delete my account. Thank you
  • durain
    durain Posts: 298 Forumite
    Options
    if you pay by direct debit, only the first paying month drop to £30, then back to £40/month. i wish it was £30 every month! that would be a bargain.
  • krakan
    krakan Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    Have heard similar negative reports, and it's true about the coverage, you can't get any quicker than 2Mb outside london, and for 4Mb you have to be in pretty much the save building as Bulldog!

But, like 3, o2 and ntl, the customer service standards may be the lowest around, but if the product is what you want, the price is low and you're not fussed about refusing to pay for things you don't get (e.g. ntl had me disconnected for two months on their 1Mb service and still expected me to pay! needless to say, four months and £0 later I finally won, but it was a hassle..) then give them a shot, you can always walk away if it's a short contract
  • brummybloke
    Options
    telewest i pay £35 per month for telephone and 2mb connection although i often get 276kbs for down loads, uploads is around 44kbs
    what is the plural of moose?

slags
  • johnhoque
    Options
    Well I can report that I know someone who lives in London and he has 4MB Bulldog. His line connection speed says 6.7MB using a USB Speedtouch Modem and it is working amazing according to him.
    Life is one long project
  • belfast-child_3
    Options
    try http://fasthosts.co.uk/broadband/broadband512/
    its £19.99 + VAT but you get.....

512 Kbps broadband internet
    Free domain name
    100 MB premium UK web space
    15 POP3 mailboxes
    1 month minimum contract
    Free migration
    Free web space & email