IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

suspended bay sign 20m away. what do i do next

Options
hi everyone.
mine is a long one. 18 months ago i parked in RBKC, paid at the meter and displayed the ticket on the windscreen. returned 10 minutes later and had a ticket for parking in a suspended bay. the sign was about 20m away and a large van parked there hid the sign. there was a lamp post 2 feet from my car. I took photos and a witness statement at the scene and i appealed the same day. RBKC said they could put the signs anywhere up to 30m away and refused my appeal. i made a second appeal in writing and explained i would go to court to defend muself if needed. heard nothing from them until 13 months later i got a baillifs letter through my door. i then filed an "out of time" thingy which was refused. i have now filed a N244 application which is being heard at my local court sometime soon. First though i need to serve, by march 27th 09, further evidence verified by statement of truth explaining why the statuary declaration was not filed in time and in default the application to set aside the Order dated 31st december 2008 do stand as struck out"..
what exactly does this all mean? and how do i do it?
thanks for reading this and i thank you in advance if you can possibly help.

bazzaffc

Comments

• Neil_B
    Neil_B Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    An N244 as I understand it only establishes whether your OOT should have been accepted. You need to show reason why that would be. A TEC Court Officer will often routinely refuse a OOT if it is opposed by the Local Authority.
    If you made formal representations in response to the Notice to Ownr as you appear to say - then should be ok. However, for real definitive advice on N244 procedure you need to speak to 'bailiffadviceonline'. Best expert by far IMO and particular knowledge of each Council.
    -
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family