PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

chief washer-up blues

Options

Comments

• arkonite_babe
    Options
    I like the "easy" brand from Iceland. They have banded twin packs at the mo, 2 x 500ml for £1
  • powie69
    powie69 Posts: 297 Forumite
    Options
    I buy the yellow bottles from Lidls for 39p each, and found them to be as good as fairy etc.
    A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water.:D
  • Mr_Proctalgia
    Options
    I use the cheapo stuff from Morrisons and add a tablespoon of washing soda if the pans etc are minging. That cuts through all the grease in no time.
    The quicker you fall behind, the longer you have to catch up...
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I use tesco value for soaking saucepans, pie dishes etc & Sainsburys basil & rosemary for general, not becuse it's any better (it isn't tecos value brand works fine), not beacuse it's any cheaper (at 89p a bottle it's 53p dearer ) and not beacuse it lasts longer (there is a washing up liquid conspricy against me which means they all magically go from half full to dregs at the end of every fortnight ) but beacuse I'm hooked on the scent. I think it must be addictive:confused::o:eek::rotfl:

And to me, leaving washing up would be roughly the equlivent of putting putting a bank card in a cash point then leaving it there to normal people (The inner Monica in me speaks!)
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • Chipps
    Chipps Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    powie69 wrote:
    I buy the yellow bottles from Lidls for 39p each, and found them to be as good as fairy etc.

Yes, I agree. This is what I buy, too.
  • Rebob
    Rebob Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I have alway found morning fresh to be the best cheaper one (buy it when *% free) but I am still using some fairy I won at the bingo!
    The best bargains are priceless!!!!!!!!!! :T :T :T
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,582 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love Aldi Magnum.They have a sensitive one out at the mo, great for current times when washing hands frequently
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £106.38 May £?
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ECOVER for us as we have sensitive skin and it lathers up brilliantly  - not cheap but lasts ages 
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Hobsons_Choice Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Another vote for Aldi's Magnum and their Premium wul is brilliant, very little is needed.
    Normal people worry me.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Where did you find this 14 year old thread?
    Aldis Magnum is the best by far and value for money it can’t be beaten. 
    Which proved this a few years ago. 
    I’ve been shopping in Lidl quite a lot lately because of the convenience compared to Aldi during Covid and the difference in quality on pretty much everything is notable, Aldi is far Better and the same price  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure