PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

chief washer-up blues

Options
hi all! New here ,love this forum to bits!!! Right we've done the washing powder debate but what about the washing up liquid chat, i must wash_up 10 times a day, costs me a small fortune in liquid, any tried and tested cheapies? :confused:

Comments

• MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a dishwasher at one house but not at the other. For the house with the dishwasher I buy cheapie washing up liquid (about 19p from Tesco) cos I only use it for washing up the kidz lunch boxes and flasks and for overnight soaking burnt on pans etc. In our home at the coast where I have to hand wash everything I buy a better washing up liquid (usually from Lidl) I found the cheapie no good for washing lots of dirty/greasy items and a bit of a false economy as you have to use so much. HTH
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • I've tried the cheapies and have still gone back to Fairy Liquid (get it from Netto so it's slightly cheaper) as I don't hae to use as much and it lasts usually about 2 months. There are only 2 of us though, so thats washing up probably twice a day.
    Its nice to be important but more important to be nice!
  • Heth_2
    Heth_2 Posts: 472 Forumite
    Options
    I use Sainsburies own brand i think, we get a big bottle and it lasts for months (only two of us and we use the dishwasher as well). I have never found that really cheap ones work as well.
  • FunkyFairy
    Options
    I use surcare i buy a bottle every month.

We have 4 people in the family and no dishwasher so you can imagine how many loads of washing up i do.
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I use Tesco value one, just since they changed the scent in it, was vile before that. Also use Morning Fresh, you don't need to use a lot of it for to get a lot of lather to clean the dishes. It's 68p for 500ml at Tesco.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I find the cheaper ones not as effective, but I can't use Fairy etc cos Mr TM (who is chief dishwasher cos I cook) always uses the same whether it's Fairy or a cheaper brand (and he knows when it's been watered down and uses more!!)

I'm curently using a Tesco one (the purple anti-bac one) when it was on 2 for £1. That's quite good, as are the ones from Lidl.
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I like the Asda own brand ones, they're often on special offer and they have some locely scents.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • stressedoutmumof1
    Options
    Tesco own and Sainsburys own are both quite good - I have used value before and it was dire!!

Not very helpful I know, but I am currently using an American one, Oxy Ultra and it is fantastic, a big huge bottle for $1 about 60p!!!
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • Lyndsay_21
    Options
    i use fairy as i also find i use much more of the shops own brand than i do of the fairy.
    Other women want a boob job. Honey the only silicone i'm interested in is on a 12 cup muffin tray, preferably shaped like little hearts :heart:
  • squiggles
    squiggles Posts: 1,635 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Fairy for me,i buy them when they are 3 for £2.I wash dishes once per day at night time for family of two but i do rinse all of them first before leaving on the bench until ready for a sink full.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback