Forum Home » Quick! Grabbit while you can » It's Gone, but was it any good?

Boots Grabbit Bargains Part 8..Read first post for current bargains - Page 19

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Boots Grabbit Bargains Part 8..Read first post for current bargains

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in It's Gone, but was it any good?
2.1K replies 156.3K views

Replies

• WELSH-DRAGON_2WELSH-DRAGON_2 Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must say that having used Bodyform for the last 2 days I am not impressed - I prefer my normal applicators. Now I have 2 options, either car boot them (would anyone buy them ?) or donate them to a local refuge. I see they are selling them on ebay but after a problematic buyer who yesterday refused to pay postage and then demanded it was sent 1st class recorded (it was a welsh costume) I am keeping well away from ebay at the mo !!
    ;) I am the only Voucher Queen in my village LOL ;)
  • KatyagKatyag Forumite
    1.2K posts
    I used a skincare voucher today and a bodyform voucher and even tho the till said -1p refund she didnt give me it, she looked at the til for ages like there was something wrong but didnt ask anyone for help. I was ready to tell her just to give the 1p and hurry up. She clearly hasnt had that before!!
    Bringing up 2 handsome boys and 1 gorgeous girl the MSE way!
    Joseph born 19th December 2001
    Matthew born 8th August 2007
    Tara born 23rd January 2011
  • KatyagKatyag Forumite
    1.2K posts
    I must say that having used Bodyform for the last 2 days I am not impressed - I prefer my normal applicators. Now I have 2 options, either car boot them (would anyone buy them ?) or donate them to a local refuge. I see they are selling them on ebay but after a problematic buyer who yesterday refused to pay postage and then demanded it was sent 1st class recorded (it was a welsh costume) I am keeping well away from ebay at the mo !!

I dont think much of them either but for free they will do. You could try emailing them and see if they send you come compo!! lol
    Bringing up 2 handsome boys and 1 gorgeous girl the MSE way!
    Joseph born 19th December 2001
    Matthew born 8th August 2007
    Tara born 23rd January 2011
  • sarahg1969 wrote:
    Thanks. That's what I did. I didn't say anything, but when I presented the voucher, she scanned the free gift off. What a meany. I should have gone to Middlebrook rather than Deepdale - they are much more friendly there.

I have to agree with you, staff at Deepdale are not always the friendliest. I had a trip to the Blackpool one today. Managed to get some lovely gift bags for 12p & then they were a BOGOF at the till too! More Bodyform & yet another voucher. :D
    Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker :)
  • Hi dudes!
    Just got back from very fruitful bootsing got -

fcuk and hard candy reduced to 50p!! got 5 items (altringham big branch)
    kool n soothe (200pts)
    spa crystals -red to 50p x2
    17 wipe and brush x2
    botanics hair mask £5(had parenting coup)
    no 7 rewind cream £16(parenting coup) & free bag (and old 250pts coup out of prev bag)
    med butter £5 (parenting coup)
    3x bodyform (coups)

should have been 33.97 or somthing
    paid 10.34

got skincare coup
    9.20 in points!!!!!!

hooray -

(didn't have the guts to try the botanics parenting and med on bogof did anyone try? did it work?)

as usual I kept my coups hidden till she said that's £33! heehee!
    Best Threads -
    greenfingered - oldstyle - grabbit
  • WELSH-DRAGON_2WELSH-DRAGON_2 Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi frugalsar, I tried the botanics and med on bogof using my 2 parenting vouchers and got 4 items FREE !!! I went to an inexperienced male SA on a saturday, otherwise I think I would have been told it wasn't permitted ie only one offer per transaction.

At the end of the transaction I asked for my £5 skincare voucher and he said well I think you have had enough free haven't you !!! so I didn't push it as really I shouldn't have had the 2 freebies on BOGOF. Still it's good to ask the question !
    ;) I am the only Voucher Queen in my village LOL ;)
  • did you get the one if said on the voucher or can you get something different?
    got extra vouchers for my hubbys baby so might try it tomorrow!
    Best Threads -
    greenfingered - oldstyle - grabbit
  • Just to say my local store today had No17 little cosmetic bags with 3 items in it - big basket of them all down to £1.50 - also FCUK cosmetics were in a big basket and all £2 - they might come down even further still though
    Tin can banky - 3/4 full £1 and £2, Quidco January £19.49, Boots points 2543, Tesco Club Card 2763, Piggy Points 840
  • wilko10 wrote:
    Pudding,

Whereabouts did you find these in Leeds? Was it the City Centre store in Albion Street? My little sister is desperate for these and I can't find them anywhere - might be worth a trip!!

Hi,
    Yes they were in albion street..They had about 8 pink and 8 blue left..
  • pudding wrote:
    Hi,
    Yes they were in albion street..They had about 8 pink and 8 blue left..
    Are the T&G palettes for men or women?
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support