Setting up orange livebox

Options
2»

Comments

• fiscalfreckles
    fiscalfreckles Posts: 2,398 Forumite
    Options
    To be connected your livebox should be showing 3 solid lights - the @ light, the telephone light and the one next to that, are any of them flashing?
    Try a factory reset -
    Unplug all cables
    Hold down the 1 button on the back while inserting power cable you should get 3 solid lights next.
    When the triangle light flashes, plug in the other cables.
    Access Livebox homepage at 192.168.1.1
    Click configuration link and enter username and password (both admin)
    Click "my services" then "internet"
    Enter your orange username and password in the boxes and then click validate.
    Wait a while for it to do this thing and then the status should be connected.

If your livebox plays up it's worth doing the factory reset as orange customer services might talk you through doing it before they try other avenues.

The @ light is slowly flashing amber - it says that this is connected and OK to proceed.

I've tried rebooting but will follow your instructions next.
  • glosman555
    glosman555 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    Ignore the "IE cannot display the webpage" message and type 192.168.1.1 into the browser address bar and click enter.
  • shimmershelly
    Options
    The @ light is slowly flashing amber - it says that this is connected and OK to proceed.

I've tried rebooting but will follow your instructions next.

If your @ light is flashing (once per second or so?), then your ASDL status will probably be "PPP in progress" and it won't connect (but you should still be able to get onto 192.168.1.1) The @ light needs to be solid to succesfully connect.
    The factory reset usually fixes the PPP in progress status and resets it to "connected".
    Other than that I'm stumped, sorry ;)
    Well I can't stand by the side
    And watch this life pass me by

Just want to be...Happy

• fiscalfreckles
    Options
    No luck still, tried last night until I was in danger of throwing the livebox out of the window!

Can't get on to anything; the light is flashing once per sec. I don't really understand about working offline though, I don't believe i've ever been able to do that and typing in the number still brings up "cannot display" message.

I'm hoping if I try later today that it will have turned solid, will try to reset again.

But I've put the old modem back for now as I really need the pc today.

Thanks for all your help though.
  • fiscalfreckles
    fiscalfreckles Posts: 2,398 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to keep coming back like this, but my Livebox remains unconnected!

I spoke to Orange tech. services last night and he deduced that I do not have a local area connection,and advised me to get my pc looked at before trying again.

I don't really understand this, as my old modem works fine, so there must be a connection there?

Anything simple I can try myself? Or do I need to call someone?

This thing is more trouble than its worth.
  • Hi there fiscalfreckles,

I think it would be best if we could speak to you, as there may be a number of areas causing the issue. At least that way we could check everything for you.

When you get a chance drop an email to [EMAIL="customer.services@orange.co.uk"][EMAIL="customer.services@orange.co.uk including"]customer.services@orange.co.uk[/email][/EMAIL] including your contact details, I will call and help in any way I can.

In order for the email to reach me please include "Jonathan Orange Response" in the subject title and first line of the mail.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Jonathan
    Orange Response Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Orange. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure