Cirque du Soleil - Quidam 2 for 1 offer

Just found this via Cirque du Solieil website. Don't know if they will check to make sure you take your mam with you. Tickets are £50 for 2 but of course you pay extra for service charge, £4.40 per ticket, and £2.00 to actually get your tickets.

Bring your mum for free. Treat your mum this mother's day by taking her to see Cirque Du Soleil.

Cirque du Soleil brings Quidam to the UK. An extraordinary show seen by millions of people worldwide, now touring the UK for the very first time!

Quidam contains all elements Cirque du Soleil is famous for: astonishing acrobatics, awe-inspiring aerial acts, unique lighting, and an elaborate set design.

Get ready to discover an acrobatic show where hope and beauty come to life.

Newcastle, UK
March 12 to March 15, 2009

Birmingham, UK
March 18 to March 22, 2009

Manchester, UK
March 25 to March 27, 2009

Dublin, IE
March 31 to April 5, 2009

Sheffield, UK
April 9 to April 12, 2009

Glasgow, UK
April 16 to April 19, 2009

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/promo/wtt18v?CAMEFROM=CFC_UK_EV0518_WEBLINK

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• colinw
    colinw Posts: 59,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I have tickets for Newcastle. Just to say I would recommend Cirque de Soleil to anyone thinking of going. I saw one of there other shows Varekia in Australia a few years back and it was stunning. Expensive but superb.:T
  • good find, just to say i total agree with colin, i went to see varekia last year and saw quidam early this year, fantastic experience, anyone undecided should go.....you won't regret it:T
  • Jazzy_B
    Jazzy_B Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    It seems to let you book up to 6 tickets for £25
  • frogthedog
    frogthedog Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi I would just like to say they are well worth seeing. Just be careful the Birmingham venue is pants for a show like this. :eek: Took OH for birthday last year at same venue and we could not see or hear properly. Complaned but to no avail:mad: . I have been lucky enough to see them on 3 previous occassions and that is how I know the shows are normally breathtaking:T
  • FabuLass
    FabuLass Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Great find mammyt and welcome to MSE :T

Booked 2 tickets for myself and OH for Glasgow....I'm really looking forward to it....I had been desperate to go but couldn't afford the £50 each. Thanks again!
    You'll make my day if I know I've been helpful to you in some small way,
    so please press my :T thanks :Tbutton x
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    We have been to most of their shows in London. Last time we went we took my daughter's boyfriend and his mouth was hanging open in amazement almost all the show!

There is only one word to describe these shows - AMAZING.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Just to say we saw this show in London, went with friends who had seen two of the other 'Cirque de Soleil' shows. It wasn't great, sorry guys, friends were disappointed to. In fairness some of the show was stunning but large parts were 'odd' & 'dark' I wouldn't recomend taking children as they may be scared.

Sorry I really dont mean to put a dampner on things but as friends where so excited and then disappointed on the day thought I would share the experience, having not seen any of the previous shows before ourselves we had nothing to compare it with.
    MFW - We've only gone and blooming done it!
    May 2013:j
  • colinw
    colinw Posts: 59,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Just to say we saw this show in London, went with friends who had seen two of the other 'Cirque de Soleil' shows. It wasn't great, sorry guys, friends were disappointed to. In fairness some of the show was stunning but large parts were 'odd' & 'dark' I wouldn't recomend taking children as they may be scared.

Sorry I really dont mean to put a dampner on things but as friends where so excited and then disappointed on the day thought I would share the experience, having not seen any of the previous shows before ourselves we had nothing to compare it with.

Suprised at that as they got good press reviews in Liverpool.

http://www.denbighshirefreepress.co.uk/news/Cirque-du-Soleil-opening-night.5023478.jp

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-entertainment/echo-entertainment/2009/02/26/review-cirque-du-soleil-brings-its-latest-show-quidam-to-the-liverpool-echo-arena-100252-23023862/
  • normal
    normal Posts: 472 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you so much. My wife really wanted to go but it was so expensive before.
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    for anyone wanting to go to the SECC one but with an odd number of people, type in the code OFFER to get half price tickets, not sure if this works for other venues or if it's just the SECC.
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure