'La Tasca YUM! 50% off ALL FOOD...' blog discussion

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Martin's Blogs & Appearances & MoneySavingExpert in the News
15 replies 3.9K views
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Click reply to discuss below.

Replies

• flutterbyuk25flutterbyuk25 Forumite
    7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love La Tasca - I like that you can go there with anyone - friends/date/parents/nan/work - and always have a good time. And they have loads of veggie choices.

If you sign up to their newsletter you often get advance notification of the offers and sometimes person specific offers. I eat there once a month and always have some sort of voucher to use - 50% off/free bottle of wine/free desert etc

I also like the fact that you can book tables on their website.

My only gripe is that sometimes that menu varies ever so slightly from restaurant to restaurant. For example, the one in Bristol has extra dishes to the one in Swansea! (this was the case last Oct/Nov). So if you try something yummy in one and want it again then it may not be on the menu.

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • GemmzieGemmzie Forumite
    14.9K Posts
    Another La Tasca fan here but you didn't get the beat deal Martin - they take Tesco Clubcard vouchers!
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • ugandauganda Forumite
    370 Posts
    I must admit I am not a fan of La Tasca, the food there is not fresh. It is frozen and kept centrally in Manchester and then distributed round the country to the various restaurants. Basically what you are getting is a meal heated up rather than cooked from scratch.

I'm not saying the food is bad exactly, but when I pay good money in a restaurant (even with a half-price voucher), I expect my food to have been knocked up from scratch that day on the premises with fresh ingredients.

But that's just me. If you like the place, and are getting money off, then happy days!
  • ladymayladymay Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    I went to the one in kingston on the 50% off voucher. I'd never been there before so my friend and I got the seafood tapas set. Thoroughly impressed! Especially as we also enjoyed a nice bottle of wine and it came to £26 altogether!:beer: Only problem was, we were running late for a gig and didn't have time to try the desserts...
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • bylromarhabylromarha Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Glad to hear you had a good time.

It's one of the restaurants I only go to if there's a deal on or I'm mystery shopping.

Okay food, but overpriced when full price I think.There are better options to spend equivalent money on around here.

As with all things, it's who you spend the time with!
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • BenLBenL Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was it busy Martin and is it a big La Tasca?

I went to the one in Trafford Centre last year and it was heaving and the food not great.

I might try again one day but we have 2 cuban places in Leeds and then another Tapas bar before you hit the city centre.

50% off does appeal though. I'll go to "Ask" 1st though!
    I beep for Robins - Beep Beep
    & Choo Choo for trains!!
  • kitschkittykitschkitty Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our local one is known for not being able to keep a chef. I last went several years ago with my sister and OH, we waited an hour for our paella (were not told it would take this long) and then when we tried to eat it, it was awful, there were salty deposits in it where it clearly hadn't been stirred. It was totally inedible, and put me off ever going back there (pity as I adore paella and tapas)!
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
  • savvysavvy Forumite, Board Guide
    31.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha Martin, you and yours picked the exact same 2 desserts that Little Miss Edilass and Lil Son of savv had when we were in Edinburgh last month!

Edit: Erm just to say, these two were not on a date as they live opposite ends of the country and were accompanied by their mummies! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to [email protected]. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • savvysavvy Forumite, Board Guide
    31.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hee hee, we went tonight too, this time in Portsmouth, flipping yummy pig out sesh with 2 glasses of Sangria for me :D
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to [email protected]. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    savvy wrote: »
    Hee hee, we went tonight too, this time in Portsmouth, flipping yummy pig out sesh with 2 glasses of Sangria for me :D

Only two, you're slipping savvy :eek:

Twas a lovely meal we had and all the better for the great company :j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides