🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Who should replace the faulty goods

Options
Back at the start of janurary I ordered a bed from eclickfurniture (bit of a mistake that one) we got the bed last thursday, nearly a month of waiting. When it arrived I checked the items for damage as you do.

On checking the headboard I found that the glue holding a piece of wood in place had not done its job causing the wood to come away from the headboard and splitting the vaneer finish on its side. I had been told that the bed had already been quality control checked (Obviously a bit of bully there).

I did contact eclick about this and they asked me to send an email detailing the fault. I have rung them again as they never seem to get back to you about anything (Shocking communication as I have had to contact them to find out anything from the start :mad: .)

Who should replace this headboard should it be the manufacturer or the company who sold me the item?

I think I will be keeping the old barge pole handy for this lot in the future :rolleyes:

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• bigheadxx
    bigheadxx Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    Options
    The retailer is responsible. For the most part within the first 6 months it is up to the retailer to prove that the goods werent faulty at the time of sale and not the consumer to prove otherwise. You should make sure you put everything in weriting and send letters recorded delivery.
  • Thriftysaver
    Options
    Hi Ibrahaj04,

The company who sold you the goods are responisble for replacing the goods. They can't fob you off with "you need to deal with the manufacturer".

Your contract is with them, not the manufacturer.

HTH
    "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." George Bernard Shaw:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport