call1899 HELP!

Options
Has anybody heard of this.

Call1899 have blocked my use of the phone service because they say either: I haven’t paid my account (I have because the money's recently been taken) or there is a system fault in which case they invite me to contact their customer services. I've done this several times now without any response and the service remains blocked.

So I decided to close the service, but they won't let me do this either because of the non-existent unpaid account.

Any advice what to do next?

Comments

• pricefighter
    Options
    They are owned by Finarea. message them from this site and see if they can sort it.
    https://www.finarea.ch
    PF.
  • MoneyPenny_2
    Options
    I have e-mailed them today, so we'll see what happens.
  • MoneyPenny_2
    Options
    There has been no reply as of today from two emails I have directed to https://www.finarea.ch Do you have any other advice about obtaining a responce? (I think I noticed a postal address on the 1899 web-site once, but I can't find it now.)

MP.
  • Nix
    Nix Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    Howdy Folks
    Am having trouble with 1899 too - they are driving me around the bend with their inability to update my new card details on their website. After logging on, no matter how many times I try (on different computers and different browsers) their site won't save the changes I make (just comes up with 'error' on page and the option to try again).
    Does anyone have their online banking details or contact number so I can speak to a real person and not some automated email reply that states the obvious?
    I think I'm going to go crazy....

Nix
    I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
  • utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    Options
    They dont have either.Thats how the keep the cost of calls so low.
  • MoneyPenny_2
    Options
    Nix wrote:
    Howdy Folks
    Am having trouble with 1899 too - they are driving me around the bend with their inability to update my new card details on their website.
    Nix

This is happening to me.

Without warning they rejected a fully functioning credit card they had previously collected all the payments from and in doing so blocked my use of the service. Ultimately when I tried to replace this with a direct debit from my bank account I get error warnings at every try, but there are already other working DDs on the account and all the information I provide is correct.

So now I can’t use the phone service and I can’t get out of their access to funds from my credit card. It’s a mess.
  • Nix
    Options
    I can't believe that we are the only two having problems updating card details...
    Finally got back a non automated email reply from 1899.
    This is after informing me that one of the only ways of settling up was to pay via online banking, the information of which is on their website. Well, if anyone can find these details on their website, I'll gladly shake their hand!
    I wrote to "service@1899.com" with the subject matter of "Your Online Banking Details Please" and, of course, including a brief description of the problem AND finally, my customer reference number.
    It took approx 24hrs to get back to me with some banking details. I've now sent the money and am anxiously waiting to see if this makes any difference when updating my card again.
    If you send an email rather than gleaning what they sent me, then they'll have a record of the problems with your account and the fact that you DO actually want to pay!
    All this hassle for the sake of a £3 bill - unbelievable!
    Good Luck!

Nix
  • MoneyPenny_2
    Options
    Thanks for that.

I’ll try emailing 1899 at the address you suggest to see if I can get a response to the original fault. I don’t hold out much hope because they haven’t responded in weeks of contacts via their web site and the finarea web site as recommended here.

But when that fails I can always try the online banking route that you suggest.
  • Nix
    Options
    MoneyPenny - oops, not been on this site for a while. How did it go? In the end, I asked a family member on a completely different computer to try updating my card details and, would you believe it, it worked first time! May have something to do with them having a more up-to-date browser (I use Firefox 0.9.1 and IE 5.5 with updated encryption). Who knows? I did manage to pay the outstanding bill (all £3 of it!) with online banking but was still unable to use the service as the card details were still not updated, hence using trusted family member to try on their computer. Make sure it's a trusted friend/whatever if you use this method....
    Good luck!

Nix
  • the_devil_made_me_do_it
    Options
    Have you tried clearing out the cookies/history ect.. ect..

I had this trouble a while ago, due to my old cc stopped as I lost it. So, obviously 1899 ect could'nt take their money.

I tried despratley to re-enter my new cc number, but error messages kept popping up.

I cleared out all the cookies ect.. and tried again and it worked fine. It maybe you need to use a different cc altogether aswell as clearing cookies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure