Freaking eBay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
ebay and me don't mix not only do i get screwed by a powerseller for over 2k the other week but now I thought I would sell something on eBay for the first time.
It was a high value item so I put it featured and homepage anyway 10 days later the auction ends at a nice price of 4k when I invoice the buyer he said he will send a cheque so I wait 3 days, no cheque email him he says he doesn't want it anymore!! I mean !!!!!! bruv am I unlucky or what on eBay.
Not only I need at 4k to live on but it cost me like £110 to list the freaking item.
I've sent a second chance offer to the next bidder but havn't heard from him and he only has like 2 hours to respond :(

What the freaking hell can I do?
I need that money!!

After this I give up on eBay, just not worth the hassle.

Comments

• kevwev_2
    Options
    That's not the point thought bro I needed at 4k this week really, not if I relist it knowing my luck it will go for half that price.
  • aris
    aris Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sell it elsewhere - what are you selling?
  • tatts_2
    tatts_2 Posts: 255 Forumite
    Options
    I personally would never buy or sell high value items on ebay..far to risky!
    Better off selling privately through your local papers/exchange and mart etc despite needing the money quickly, better to take the safe route than get ripped off that amount of money!
    Tatts :hello: :kisses2:
  • tatts_2
    tatts_2 Posts: 255 Forumite
    Options
    I personally would never buy or sell high value items on ebay..far to risky!
    Better off selling privately through your local papers/exchange and mart etc despite needing the money quickly, better to take the safe route than get ripped off that amount of money!

If you relist it, stick a reserve price on it!
    Tatts :hello: :kisses2:
  • nightswimmer
    Options
    kevwev wrote:
    That's not the point thought bro I needed at 4k this week really, not if I relist it knowing my luck it will go for half that price.

Was anyone else bidding on the item? Can you get a good price by offering a second chance offer to the next highest bidder? (will save you the hassle/ time of relisting)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,314 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Was anyone else bidding on the item? Can you get a good price by offering a second chance offer to the next highest bidder? (will save you the hassle/ time of relisting)

The OP has already got a second chance offer in but the second buyer hasn't accepted that offer.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • nightswimmer
    Options
    soolin wrote:
    The OP has already got a second chance offer in but the second buyer hasn't accepted that offer.

Ooops. :o Thanks Soo. That'll teach me to post when I'm still half asleep. :cool:
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,314 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooops. :o Thanks Soo. That'll teach me to post when I'm still half asleep. :cool:

Don't worry I did the same myself on the Amazon thread yesterday. I answered a question and totally ignored a pertinent point!

Blame lack of coffee.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Kimberley
    Kimberley Posts: 14,871 Forumite
    Options
    kevwev wrote:
    ebay and me don't mix not only do i get screwed by a powerseller for over 2k the other week but now I thought I would sell something on eBay for the first time.
    It was a high value item so I put it featured and homepage anyway 10 days later the auction ends at a nice price of 4k when I invoice the buyer he said he will send a cheque so I wait 3 days, no cheque email him he says he doesn't want it anymore!! I mean !!!!!! bruv am I unlucky or what on eBay.
    Not only I need at 4k to live on but it cost me like £110 to list the freaking item.
    I've sent a second chance offer to the next bidder but havn't heard from him and he only has like 2 hours to respond :(

What the freaking hell can I do?
    I need that money!!

After this I give up on eBay, just not worth the hassle.

If you file a NPB complaint to ebay don't you get your listing fee's refunded?? You then get your £110 back and you could try selling again but state collection in person only with cash on collection. Depending on what your selling though, at that price i'm guessing a car maybe??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure