Should I move to talktalk form BT

Options
I am currenty with BT option 1, bills used to be £20 a month but Mrs Cheggers is using the phone during the day and the bills have gone upto £30+ some months.

Thinking about switching to talktalk and getting all the folk she phones to switch to talktalk. The we will all get a £10 credit.

Is talktalk any good, will I save a bit of money?

Are there any signup incentives or promotion with talktalk at the moment. I have found via uswitch a £4 month credit.

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    No!

Teach her how to dial 1899 in front of each (full) number so each call only costs 3p.

https://www.call1899.co.uk
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • cheggers
    cheggers Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    Heinz wrote:
    No!

Teach her how to dial 1899 in front of each (full) number so each call only costs 3p.

https://www.call1899.co.uk

No point, she would forget to dial a number 1st.

Need advise on my original post, thanks
  • pricefighter
    Options
    Also sign up for Primus Saver 2. So at Evenings and Weekends she can phone up any 01/02 number in the UK free.Not just people on TT.

If she is going to forget to dial the dial the 1899 prefix get an Orchard Dialer.
    PF.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    An Orchid would pay for itself in about a month by the sound of it.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=15502
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    Don't switch line rental away from BT!!!
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • NigeWick
    NigeWick Posts: 2,715 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    BexTech wrote:
    Don't switch line rental away from BT!!!
    Why not?

Nigel.
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    It can easily work out more expensive.

Example: BT line with 1571 and Caller Display £11/month, same with TalkTalk £12.49/month.

BT are required to allow you to use cheap call providers such as 1899, 18185.

The best solution at the moment is. BT for line rental with free caller display, CPS calls to Primus 2, for free evening and weekend calls, then use 1899 for daytime calls at 3p each, and 18185 for calls to mobiles.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    BexTech wrote:
    It can easily work out more expensive.

Example: BT line with 1571 and Caller Display £11/month, same with TalkTalk £12.49/month.

BT are required to allow you to use cheap call providers such as 1899, 18185.

The best solution at the moment is. BT for line rental with free caller display, CPS calls to Primus 2, for free evening and weekend calls, then use 1899 for daytime calls at 3p each, and 18185 for calls to mobiles.

Better to use http://www.discountdial.co.uk for calls to mobiles - 4p per min :)
  • pricefighter
    Options
    matrix999 wrote:
    Better to use http://www.discountdial.co.uk for calls to mobiles - 4p per min :)

Disadvantage of Discount Dials dial through 0844 number is that you get charged a min call charge if you dont get through.Where as you dont if you use 18185. Also 18185 is cheaper at weekends 2p a minute.(4p connection).
    PF.
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Disadvantage of Discount Dials dial through 0844 number is that you get charged a min call charge if you dont get through.Where as you dont if you use 18185. Also 18185 is cheaper at weekends 2p a minute.(4p connection).

Very good point!! I have to admit i've not had any problems with using discount dial and have found the call quality excellent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure