IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Good Garage Scheme

in Motoring
2 replies 527 views
eamoneamon Forumite
2.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
Forumite
Hello Folks

Its getting close to when my current car needs its MOT & service. Last Sunday whilst walking home from mass (I'm a god fearing Irish catholic) I noticed that a small independent garage is a member of the Good Garage Scheme. I've googled it and found numerous garages and lots of feedback etc.

Is this scheme as useful as it portrays?

yours

Eamon

Replies

• Hi Eamon,

I cant comment on the garage you're talking about pesonally, but no, I don't think it is as useful as it portrays.

I work at an independent garage and we declined to enter in to the "good garage" scheme.

Not because we're not a good garage just the fact that it's a scheme set up by Forte (who manufacture motoring consumables) so as an incentive to buy their products they will promote your business for you.

They have no control over who are good or who are bad.

Something we didn't want to be tied into.

HTH

Nick
  • Quinny_2Quinny_2 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Or the other way,is to post where you are,and maybe a MSE forum member may live nearby and know of a good garage.
    That's my mutt in the picture above.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals