text mesages/info text services

Options
Be warned.i have recently recieved bill from vodafone for £1200!!!.this is for charges for text messages sent to my mobile.i have contacted the company that sent the messages who are unhelpful and will not refund these charges.i have also contacted my network provider who have said i need to pay the full amount. i currently now have 5 out of my 8 contracts suspended until this is paid in full.!!how can i be responsible for 250 txts a day being sent to me.please can anyone help or does anyone no if i can get this money back.thanks

Comments

• Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Didn't you consider trying to stop the texts when you were getting 250 a day?
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • discountmummy
    Options
    Ive never understood why these scam companies are allowed to charge you to recieve one of their text messages its just crazy ... I really think the rules on this should be seriously looked at! i had a company once send me about half a dozen text messages or so in the space of a few minutes and i got charged £7-50 for the privilage ... this company randomly picked numbers to scam on so not even my fault! needless to say i never got my money back either ....
    :hello:
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing it doesn't go in a fruit salad :p:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure