We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Free WiFi Router for existing VM subs

Options
Not certain if this has already been spotted but here goes:

Follow this link, as an existing subscriber of Virgin Media here: https://allyours.virginmedia.com/forms/existingCustomer.html

CAUTION! From recent experience, it seems you need to uplift to L or XL service in order to qualify. Else you may incur a (refundable) £40 charge but this from other MS posts is not always applied.

(FREE to existing non-broadband customers taking Broadband Size: L or XL.) I've actually selected keeping the b/band service the same and it still completed :) Else will argue I wanted to uplift to L etc...

say no or stay the same with everything except the free wireless router

Bingo!

Okay I may be subject to an instlation charge (£15) but historicaly, modems and the like have just turned up in the post, so will advise if not *free* as advertised.

Comments

• BURGH_LASS
    Options
    its strange, cause just last week i phoned up to get a new router from virgin and the girl said we could get it for free, but said we'd have to upgrade the broadband to large, so i did this.

Its turned out only to cost an extra 1.50 a month to upgrade the broadband. But i phoned up to query this and it was a different person on the phone who said that the girl shouldn't have gave me the router for free and she should have charged me 40 pound for it and would have to speak to her manager. Thankfully they couldn't then charge me for it though. :)

This just got sent out in the post to me, it came up 7.50 postage on my bill, but the girl put a 7.50 credit on it for me also :). So curious to see if everything does work out free for you. Fingers crossed :)
    May - Sex and the City tickets. June - £5 spar voucher, July - Sally Hansen nail shine & miracle set, mccains garden games, August - ERB Spa goody bag worth over £100
  • wonko
    wonko Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Confirmation email recieved from VM - will keep an eye out for postie and advise...
  • BURGH_LASS
    Options
    good luck :)
    May - Sex and the City tickets. June - £5 spar voucher, July - Sally Hansen nail shine & miracle set, mccains garden games, August - ERB Spa goody bag worth over £100
  • fnc63
    fnc63 Posts: 4,018 Forumite
    Options
    BURGH_LASS wrote: »
    said we'd have to upgrade the broadband to large, so i did this.

Its turned out only to cost an extra 1.50 a month to upgrade the broadband.

i'm on M and was told it was an xtra £7/m to go L - what were you on before ? was it a broadband package ?

2014 WTD ~ CH10OC50CW55PC10AB25BA120SB15OC30BC160BV105OC30CT20GC10GB100
    :shhh:

Apparently everything has a happy ending and if you havent arrived at the happiness, it hasnt ended yet :think:

• hpkrazy
    hpkrazy Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    may come in use thanks.
    feb: Big blue towel, Meat Mincer, Cadbury's chocolate
    mar: charles darwin stamps

• xanthe06
    Options
    manythanks for this , just signed up fingers crossed xx
    Comp wins
    £25 worth of costume jewels and a plaq for mothers day
    debt £7374:eek::(
    loans/goods hp £5000
    total £10375 :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • BURGH_LASS
    Options
    fnc63 wrote: »
    i'm on M and was told it was an xtra £7/m to go L - what were you on before ? was it a broadband package ?

Think its cause we've got tv, phone and broadband, so they've changed our whole package deal.
  • DaveG247
    DaveG247 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fnc63 wrote: »

fnc63 we were on 3 for £30 with vm and they told me the same. They knocked £2 of the first months bill and said if I cancell before the next payment I would not be charge.
    Have to say that I could not go back to 2mb now its 10mb for me all the way and its brilliant, and compared to what my mates are paying its seem a better deal
  • wonko
    wonko Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cheap & Cheerfull Netgear WGR614 v9 arrived in a nice box from Mr UPS no less.
  • simon31leeds
    Options
    I got mine through too and didn't change any of my existing package (currently on M Broadband). I'll just need to check my next bill to ensure I've not been charged for it but so far, so good.

Many thanks OP - my wireless router had just died so was contemplating spending another £50 on a new one but no need now :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport