£2 sandwich meal deal at M&S

Options

Comments

• joyce63
    joyce63 Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks to the OP posting yesterday (:beer: ) I went to M&S on my way in to work this morning and picked up the tuna and sweetcorn sarnies, the parsnip crisps and some fizzy orange - fantastic value for £2. As well as the sandwiches, there were a couple of salad dishes in the offer.

Does anyone know how long the offer is on for?
  • orangetiggs
    Options
    we got simply ham sarnie, balsamic vinegar and salt crips and florida orange drink for £2 thanks for the post
  • ti1980
    ti1980 Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    Options
    Joyce63, I'm assuming the offer will last a month or so.
    The pastas available on the deal are the spicy sausage pasta and the bacon and cheese pasta.
  • mrs_T
    mrs_T Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How can I find out what's included? Went in at lunchtime and asked an SA but she just said it was what was in the fridge under the meal deal sign on the end of an aisle, a few sandwiches and drinks but no crisps or pasta and she had no leaflets or further info.
    rev_henry wrote: »
    Sounds good, thanks OP. Beats Boots £2.99 meal deal then, although less choice.

Boots meal deal often includes 2 drinks (bogof) and at the moment is including a box of 3 cream eggs as one snack item. Plus they do buy 5 in a month get the 6th one free, still works out at £2.49 per lunch instead of £2 though. I usualy get a "free" lunch from boots by paying with bonus points from offers on other items I'd have bought anyway - see the boots thread.
  • cybermum
    cybermum Posts: 369 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love M&S sarnies :)
    Tuna and sweetcorn and some cheese tasters(bring back childhood memories!).
    I will pop in tomorrow :)

Thanks OP :)
  • Fleckie
    Fleckie Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    I am loving this deal and get to have my fav prawn mayo two days running so far, mind you probably not so good for the cholesterol! Just one question though, does anyone know how long its running for? Cheers :beer:
  • shakka
    shakka Posts: 298 Forumite
    Options
    Yum! That's my lunch sorted then, thanks.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ti1980 wrote: »
    Joyce63, I'm assuming the offer will last a month or so.
    The pastas available on the deal are the spicy sausage pasta and the bacon and cheese pasta.

Has anyone tried the pasta dishes before, are they nice? I've only had the ham and mustard sandwich from this selection and it's lovely!!
  • organic_wanabe
    Options
    I was in M&S at lunchtime and was tempted by this deal because I wanted to try the parsnip crisps but wouldn't dream of buying them at the normal price. I would never normally buy sandwiches as homemade are far cheaper but I could not resist this 'bargain'. Indeed the crisps were tasty and different but I could only manage one of the sandwiches (egg and watercress) - they tasted a bit synthetic and not nearly as good as the ones I make myself. However, in the spirit of money-saving, I put the other sandwich in the fridge and it will appear in DH's lunchbox tomorrow!
  • ti1980
    ti1980 Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    Options
    Summer01 wrote: »

Has anyone tried the pasta dishes before, are they nice? I've only had the ham and mustard sandwich from this selection and it's lovely!!

I've had both of the pasta dishes and I prefer the crumbled sausage one but some of my colleagues prefer the bacon one. Worth trying out both while they are in the offer I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure