£2 sandwich meal deal at M&S

There is a new 'Food to go' offer at M&S in which selected sandwiches, selected 500ml drinks and any Food to Go crisps are just £2 for the three items.
Some of the sandwiches included are cheese and onion, cheese and celery, prawn mayo, salmon and cucumber, egg mayo and tuna and sweetcorn.
Some of the drinks are 500ml bottle cola/diet cola, 500ml bottle still/sparkling water, 500ml bottle florida orange/diet florida orange.
Crisps include, sea salt black pepper, red leicester/onion, COU smokey bacon hoops, lightly salted handcooked, there are about 40 varieties of different crisp flavours in the food to go section, it depends on the store which ones they stock.

Also in some stores are some sandwiches priced at just £1 on their own, they include a simply tuna mayo and simply cheese variety. In a few selected stores there is a jam sandwich which is priced at just 75p!:j

The pastas available on this offer are the spicy sausage pasta and the bacon and cheese pasta.

MoneySavingExpert.com Insert

Top spot til980! Just to add, the offer is not available at BP petrol stations or service stations.

Here's what's included:

[FONT=&quot]1. Sandwich or Salad:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Choose from sandwiches including Prawn Mayonnaise, Smoked Ham & Mustard and Cheese & Celery. Also included in the deal are selected sandwiches from the new Simply… range featuring simple ingredients – choose from Simply British Ham, Simply Cheddar, Simply Tuna Mayonnaise or Simply Free Range Egg. If you prefer a salad, you can choose between the Cheese & Bacon Pasta Salad or the Spicy Crumbled Sausage & Tomato Pasta Salad.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Crisps: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pick any bag of crisps in the Food to Go range, for example Classic Lightly Salted or the Red Leicester & Onion [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Drinks:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any 500ml/750ml still, sparkling or flavoured water and 500ml carbonated drinks are included in the Lunch for £2 deal. Why not try a refreshing Florida Orange Juice or Blackberry & Echinacea. [/FONT]

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Be careful, you can get either a 500ml of water or a 750ml of water.

Why would anyone choose 500ml over the 750?! Makes no sense!

Get the bigger one!

P.s. cheese tasters are also included in the crip section - best type IMO! haha!

Oh and the ham & mustard mayonaise is also delish.

The 'small' carrier bags are also still free in M&S. So you can carry your meal deal!
  • ti1980
    ti1980 Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    Oh yes, that is true about the water but it does depend on whether your store sells both bottles.
    Off the top of my head the cheese tasters are the cheapest crisps in the offer so the 'saving' is smaller. My personal fave are the parsnip, honey and black pepper crisps which are usually 75p on their own. Though I would also recommend the red leicester and onion ones as they are delish!
  • sahra
    sahra Posts: 707 Forumite

The 'small' carrier bags are also still free in M&S. So you can carry your meal deal!

Or you could just take your own bag along ;)
  • What does COU mean?
    Thanks to all who post constructively.
    H
    ave an A1 day!
  • ti1980
    ti1980 Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    COU is Count On Us which is the low fat range that M&S do.
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Why turn down a free carrier bag?!

Think you must be mistaking this forum for 'got-to-be-green-by-recycling-carrierbags.com' ;)

because, sillystudent, you dont realise that we ALL have to paty for the disposal of carrier bags through the tax regime!! Carrier bags aree one of the worlds biggest polluters. ( made of oil, transported round the world you name it)
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • xellieqx
    xellieqx Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Post
    uugghhh, all the worst flavours. I hate the way tuna sandwiches are always sullied with bleedin' sweetcorn.
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    is this in all stores, because the one near me is in a station they tend to opt out of most of the offers!
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • Hmm.. i had a tuna + sweetcorn sandwich, sea salt crisps and a strawberry + aloe vera drink for £2 .. bargain!
  • rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sounds good, thanks OP. Beats Boots £2.99 meal deal then, although less choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure