Problem with gas boiler

Options
Hello.

I'm having troubles with my gas boiler (Biasi M90E.24S).

When I turn on the hot tap / central heating, the flame lights up for a few seconds before stuttering, then finally going out. The red lock-out lamp comes on. Pressing the lockout reset button doesnt help.

I hope someone can help me get it sorted, because I'm being quoted £200+ by engineers just to have a look at it!

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Pssst
    Pssst Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is the system pressure ok? After the lockout comes on,how do you get it to fire again? power on/off ?

Does it work on heating ok?
  • seancannon
    Options
    you need an engineer to look at that it could be one of a number of faults £50.00 an hour is about the norm. depending on where you live i may have a number for you
  • djackson_2
    Options
    Thanks for the replys guys.
    Pssst wrote:
    Is the system pressure ok? After the lockout comes on,how do you get it to fire again? power on/off ?

Does it work on heating ok?

I forgot to mention pressure is ok at ~1.3 bar. It was at 1 bar when the trouble started, I increased it a little to see if it would help.

There is a red reset button next to the lockout light (see pic below). Pressing that lets the whole cycle begin again. The problem is the same for both central heating and hot water tap demand.

290qxkk.jpg
    seancannon wrote:
    you need an engineer to look at that it could be one of a number of faults £50.00 an hour is about the norm. depending on where you live i may have a number for you

A recommendation would be great if possible. I live in East London.

I got a couple of numbers of Biasi recommended service agents. I'll be calling them tomorrow to see how much they want off me.
  • richardc1983
    Options
    OUr boiler kept locking out and it turned out to be the burner that kept going flame out due to being worn out. it was safety device kicking in to shut off the gas.
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • thechippy
    thechippy Posts: 1,938 Forumite
    Options
    It' s probably the fan or one of the sensors. Sorry, you'll need to get someone out!
    Happiness, is a Kebab called Doner.....:heart2::heart2:
  • thechippy
    thechippy Posts: 1,938 Forumite
    Options
    djackson wrote: »
    Thanks for the replys guys.

I forgot to mention pressure is ok at ~1.3 bar. It was at 1 bar when the trouble started, I increased it a little to see if it would help.

There is a red reset button next to the lockout light (see pic below). Pressing that lets the whole cycle begin again. The problem is the same for both central heating and hot water tap demand.

290qxkk.jpg

A recommendation would be great if possible. I live in East London.

I got a couple of numbers of Biasi recommended service agents. I'll be calling them tomorrow to see how much they want off me.

Go on https://www.diynot.com plumbing and heating section. Look for a user named Agile and pm him...;)
    Happiness, is a Kebab called Doner.....:heart2::heart2:
  • djackson_2
    Options
    Thanks for your messages guys. I got a guy in today who managed to sort it.

The problem turned out to be the flue (I think thats the right term). It's the exhaust where all the hot air escapes from. The cowboy who initially installed the boiler cut corners. Some piping had worked loose, and the boiler was cutting out because of bad airflow.
  • jcorbygas
    Options
    And thats why you should have your boiler serviced and flue inspected on an annual basis!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure