We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Very worried - Husband may be made redundant

2»

Comments

  • Well, he has been made redundant.
    They have offered him just over £13k though, which he has accepted. That gives us a few months breathing space whilst he looks for a new job.
    I have applied for another part-time job and seen another one that I am going to apply for later (when I have put together a CV).

    Zippy x
    :p Busy working Mum of 3 :wave:
  • Hi Zippy,

    I got made redundant in September after going through a 6 week consultation process after 3 years service.

    In October after several interviews I was offered two jobs within the same week. The job I chose is excellent, better than I had, 3k more in salary, flexi time, allowed to work from home and they pay 8% into my pension, I don’t have to pay anything in if I don’t want to and a lot less stress.

    My previous employer has asked me back for two weekends a month to continue my previous role as my job wasn't really redundant (the bank threatened to remove their facility unless they reduced the payroll).

    There are a lot of sad stories around at the moment and I was devastated in September as I was very settled in my job but I wanted to share my experience with you as although it seems bad now things can turn your way when you don’t think they will so try not to worry.

    Keep your chin up, pull together as you are doing and it is possible to come out the other side and be a lot better off.

    Best of Luck,

    Carl
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.