🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

How long for a company/institution to process a transaction

Options
I've just had my latest credit card statement through and there is a transaction on it that after some serious thinking and going through paperwork I have traced back to almost 2 years ago!

Can they process the transaction so far after?

I need to go through previous statements to ensure they did not take the payment at the time but I'm not sure of the exact date of when the transaction should have taken place.

Comments

• liebe911
    Options
    I don't think such a transaction can be done so lately. It was their fault without taking the money for so much time and taking it now. Contact your bank and ask them to give the details of the transaction.
    No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3
  • anotherpaul_2
    Options
    I believe they can, up to 6 years, if they are entitled to the money. Possibly, it would have been nice if they'd written to you first!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport