Scottish power fixed price online 2009

Options
Hi All,
Just wondered if anyone has any details about this account..we joined as it was a no standing charge account and to save some cash..did make a saving but are now being charged a standing charge..has anyone got a copy of the oiginal details of this account or can cnfirm they dont pay standing charges on it...finishes in sept and cant wait to leave scottish power..
many thanks
Bella

Comments

• Magentasue
    Magentasue Posts: 4,229 Forumite
    Options
    I think with most SP tariffs, it's your choice so you could opt for No Standing Charge. Bear in mind you will pay more for the first x units each quarter, so we all end up paying a standing charge one way or another.

Unless you are a low user, who may not use all of the higher tier units, it makes no difference.
  • pipeman
    Options
    Hi All,
    Just wondered if anyone has any details about this account..we joined as it was a no standing charge account and to save some cash..did make a saving but are now being charged a standing charge..has anyone got a copy of the oiginal details of this account or can cnfirm they dont pay standing charges on it...finishes in sept and cant wait to leave scottish power..
    many thanks
    Bella
    Hi Bella
    We are also on this tariff. and there are no other options than the 'No standing charge'. In our case we were informed by phone that this would be a better scheme than our previous, this has proved to be incorrect, and trying Online to reverse this we receive the message that this is not possible as our direct debit is in the process of being changed. Wish we had a £ for everytime we have tried to speak to someone at Scottish Power.
    Regards pipeman
  • rb1
    rb1 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    I had a chap at the door today from SP looking for people to change energy suppliers. I asked him to come back later (when my husband can hear the discussion) but I'm now wondering about them after seeing some negative stuff on here. Is it a bad move?(from NPower). I'm just looking for the best price- or shouldn't we be thinking of changing yet with energy prices due to fluctuate?
    Thanks
  • Magentasue
    Options
    rb1 wrote: »
    I had a chap at the door today from SP looking for people to change energy suppliers. I asked him to come back later (when my husband can hear the discussion) but I'm now wondering about them after seeing some negative stuff on here. Is it a bad move?(from NPower). I'm just looking for the best price- or shouldn't we be thinking of changing yet with energy prices due to fluctuate?
    Thanks

Whatever you decide to do, don't sign up online. Use a comparison site to find best option (using annual kwh used) and sign up online. If you use a cashback site you stand to make some money from the switch.
  • moses3256
    Options
    I'm on this tariff. I've had an email from SP today saying they are increasing my monthly direct debit from £88.00 to £140.50. They did not care when I hardly used any gas last quarter due to having no heating and I built up over £200.00 credit!!. Aso, with spring/summer now coming, the usage will decrease - but they just want you to be in credit all of the while. It appears I cannot do anything other than cancel DD which will revert me to an even dearer tariff. This one is already over the odds now due to others cutting their costs so Im considering paying the penalty to break the contract. Anyone else having same problem??
  • Magentasue
    Options
    moses3256 wrote: »
    I'm on this tariff. I've had an email from SP today saying they are increasing my monthly direct debit from £88.00 to £140.50. They did not care when I hardly used any gas last quarter due to having no heating and I built up over £200.00 credit!!.

It sounds as if SP are basing your DD on estimated readings. Have you put in meter readings online or contacted them with up to date readings?
  • moses3256
    Options
    No, this bill and the previous one were both billed on actual readings that I submitted.
  • Magentasue
    Options
    Oh right, you said you built up a credit of £200 - how much credit do you have now?
  • moses3256
    Options
    I'm in debit now of about £150.00 but this is because weve just had the most expensive quarter and a really cold spell as well. Even if I carry on paying the £88.00 a month, I should get back into a small credit the next quarter, followed by an even bigger one the following (summer) quarter. Surely this is howit is intended to work. They increased my DD from £60.00 to £88.00 in December which was fair enough but to now want this further one to £140.00 is just madness.
  • Magentasue
    Options
    moses3256 wrote: »
    I'm in debit now of about £150.00

The idea is that you are in credit right through to spring by when you'll be back to zero. After this coming quarter, you should be able to calculate your bill for the following year and divide by twelve - if that's less than the DD set up, negotiate. I've always found that they'll reduce if you have the figures to back up your case - not if you have a debit balance though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure