PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Your favourite OS thread???

Options
Hi

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Your starter for 10!

1. What threads do you like reading the most?

2. WHich threads do you always take part in?

3. Whose posts do you like to read?

Shall I go first?

1. D&DD storecupbd, Menuplanner, the sort of threads that give me an insight into peoples' lives, the sort of threads that help me make a better job of what I'm doing OS. Kethry's posts. Where is she anyway?

2. I take part in the Weekly Meal Planner thread. This has been such a useful thread in helping me focus on saving ££ in the kitchen. I try and take part in threads where people need help and it's in my realm of expertise.

3. I love D&DD's thread about the storecupboard. What attracted me to this was the fact that it was EXACTLY what I wanted to do and was what got me onto the OS in the first place.

I like Angelina's threads... got me into the kefir thing. Still don't know if I can drink it *looks for clothespeg*

Oh... loads more, can't remember now... Sammy K, pigpen, well loads!:confused:
[SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
Trying not to waste food!:j
ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie

Comments

• purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That's good to know... I've used cans till a couple of months ago and still finding my way with it.
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    Something I really like reading... when you think you haven't got a meal handy and you look on here and think "WELL I have that, that and that and I could subsitute b for a and there's a meal!" SOmetimes think I should start a meal on making a meal from 'nothing'. I suppose soup would qualify. When the kids ask, I call it Fridge (clearance!) Soup.

The beauty of these meals is that they are to all intents and purposes ""FREE!"" I'm quite lucky with these as my family is not at all fussy. DD is vegi, but that doesn't cause any problems.

I forgot something.... I love posts with photos in them!
  • Angelina-M
    Angelina-M Posts: 1,541 Forumite
    Options
    Aww bless your little heart saying you like my threads! :T

(I don't know how I missed this thread before but thank you for that.)

I dont think I'll ever drink kefir raw, but we dont have to, just keep disguising it!:D

I agree with the photos thing, I love to see what other people have made/done or whatever!
  • nursemolly
    nursemolly Posts: 1,136 Forumite
    Options
    i just love the "where the os magic happen" thread.
    love the kitchen pics....
  • scotnan
    scotnan Posts: 636 Forumite
    Options
    As you can see from my post count and when I joined the site, I don't chat on here very often :o but OS is rapidly becoming one of favourite sections of this site.
    Everything else is rush rush and then when I get my cuppa and time to chill I come in here and spend time reading through the posts..... my favourite ones are recipes and cleaning tips.
    Stardrops, bicarb and micro clothes have transformed my life :rotfl: slight exaggeraton but it has cut my cleaning bill drastically and the time spent cleaning lol

I like reading how you're all getting on with your different challenges:T

Everyone is so helpful and supportive in here and although MSE goes by the motto 'There's no such thing as a stupid question' it really does apply in OS and there's always someone around to answer your query.

There's so many inspirational people in OS and it really helps to get me motivated.

I don't feel out of my depth when I come in here, I feel at home....OMG I 've just made you all sound like an old pair of slippers :o :rotfl:

You see, that's why I don't post very often, I just get carried away :rotfl:
  • stefejb
    stefejb Posts: 1,725 Forumite
    Options
    scotnan wrote: »
    :T

I don't feel out of my depth when I come in here, I feel at home....OMG I 've just made you all sound like an old pair of slippers :o :rotfl:

what a lovely description

my favourite threads are the daily, pigpen and lil-me's flylady, and the knitters. OS is my favourite board and I always come here first but then spend [STRIKE]far too much[/STRIKE] a little teensy bit of time clicking on new posts and just seeing if anything looks intersting.

I love that there is somewhere to come when I have a "I wonder if ....." moment and that also there are people around who think it's quite ok to be ever so slightly obsessive about such things as exactly how much vinegar etc etc. I also like that in spite of my seemingly boring life there have been times when i have been able to answer queries and offer support myself .... my fields of expertise just lately have included domestic violence and dealing with teenage pregnancy - who would have thought that my experiences would have come in useful after all.

My friends and family all take the pee out of my MSE habit but there again several of them have asked me to "ask martin about......."
    I'm going to feed our children non-organic food and with the money saved take them to the zoo - half man half biscuit 2008
  • FZwanab
    FZwanab Posts: 472 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I love the OS forum, it just makes life at home much more enjoyable, because you know at this very moment one of us will have the wm/dw/sc/bm on or we'll be meal pla nning and savvy shopping in the value sections of the supermarket or avoiding the supermarket altogether, dreaming up new recipes, getting ideas for new recipes/meals or cleaning our homes in the most economical way, while having a bit of a laugh and advice from this site along the way. Every little (contribution to this forum) helps, God bless you all.
    Penny xxx
    Old age isn't bad when you consider the alternative.
  • Olliebeak
    Olliebeak Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in here everyday (sometimes 2 or 3 times a day) for a good browse/nosey at what everybody is doing. Sometimes I just 'lurk' - but if somebody asks a question that I've got any experience of - then I'll throw in my two-penn'orth in case it's of any use to anybody.

I'm constantly amazed at the younger posters and some of the ideas/wisdom that they've come by - it's great to see that 'thrifty homemaking' is alive and [STRIKE]well[/STRIKE]thriving in the hands of, what is often perceived as, the materialistic, wasteful generation :T .

Well done to all our younger posters on here - you are doing us all proud - and bringing up the next generation in a wholesome manner :beer: !
  • ~jules~_3
    ~jules~_3 Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I like the OS threads, I have bought stardrops for cleaning I am trying ecover atm instead of the sensitive powder we sometimes use.
    I love the soup recipes we make homemade chicken soup and pea and ham soup.
    We even tried home made bread (think we need more practice it was a bit hard)lol.
    Anyway thanks for all the ideas.
    April grocery challenge week1 £39.91/£40:T week 2 £41.17 /£40 week 3 £41.96/£40 week 4 /£40
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    At the minute I'm loving 'Weightloss' and the 'declutter' threads - entertaining, informative and most of all motivational. I love reading everyone's progress
    Comps £2016 in 2016 - 1 wins = £530 26.2%
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE MEMBER No. 428 2015 - £210.93

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family