We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Gold - Who Thinks It Will Not Go Higher

2

Comments

  • mike22
    mike22 Posts: 65 Forumite
    cloud_dog wrote: »

    My only concern is figuring out my exit strategy.

    I'd say hold it as much as you can.
  • nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    thrupence wrote: »
    The good thing about the gold price going down is that it offers you the opportunity to buy it more cheaply at a future stage.

    Ummmmm..... are you saying that if the price goes down, you can buy it cheaper? Doesn't that apply to everything in the entire world?
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • mw2655
    mw2655 Posts: 37 Forumite
    i think gold's got a very good chance of holding it's value...

    but the paper currencies eg £/$ will go down..

    so yes gold will be worth "more" but mainly because the £ will
    be worth less.

    cheers matt.
  • nzseries1 wrote: »
    Ummmmm..... are you saying that if the price goes down, you can buy it cheaper? Doesn't that apply to everything in the entire world?

    Sure does. But in contrast to all the recent buy gold now threads I'm indicating that I think it will go down and that now is not the time to buy.

    Equity investors have to be kicked more than once before abject pessimism is the order of the day....
  • stv1x
    stv1x Posts: 69 Forumite
    thrupence wrote: »
    Sure does. But in contrast to all the recent buy gold now threads I'm indicating that I think it will go down and that now is not the time to buy.

    Everything I've been reading seems to indicate the opposite so I'd be interested to know why you 'think' it will go down.
  • stv1x wrote: »
    Everything I've been reading seems to indicate the opposite so I'd be interested to know why you 'think' it will go down.

    What you're reading is telling you that it will go up over time.

    What I'm "thinking" is that it will firstly go down and therefore offer a better buying opportunity.

    I think this because people aren't pessimistic enough yet.
  • wombat42_2
    wombat42_2 Posts: 1,312 Forumite
    The majority view is that gold will do very well over the next year or two, maybe better than almost anything else. But like everything in life nothing is certain and there is a minority view that gold will tank.
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,467 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Posted this on one of the other Gold threads (funnily enough)..........

    http://www.kitco.com/ind/Hommelberg/feb062009.html

    I like the article not because it says gold will go higher but because of all the valid information it provides to argue why.

    Its also interesting to look at the various charts of Gold in different currencies, all of which are making new highs except............... USD........... Hmmmm, I feel a conspiracy :D

    Would agree with thrupence though, I epxect a pullback before it reaches for those highs.

    cloud_dog
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

    Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • patrea
    patrea Posts: 12 Forumite
    Where is the best place to buy gold, at the best price?
  • patrea wrote: »
    Where is the best place to buy gold, at the best price?

    Personally I like http://www.coininvestdirect.com/main.php
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.