We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Re-Mortgage - Bad credit history

1235»

Comments

  • GREAT NEWS.

    I have spoken to the woolwich and they have offered to put me on a life time tracker at 1.9% abovd BOE rate. This means that my monthly payment will go down from £543 to £393.

    This means that the arrangements that i have had in place for the past 2 years with PAYPLAN and the second charge can stay as they are.

    I am so gratefull for the help that you have all offered.

    I am looking forward to having a conversation with my advisor and telling him what to do with his offer of 7.9%.

    Thanks again
  • herbiesjp
    herbiesjp Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Well done - glad to hear you got a good result! :T
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • feisty1
    feisty1 Posts: 1,487 Forumite
    Seeing is believing............I would like to see the offer on this!.......
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    feisty1 wrote: »
    Seeing is believing............I would like to see the offer on this!.......

    Barclays probably have not done a review of the finances and may not bother as the old mortgage arears were sorted over a year ago.

    I though most lenders do not do reviews when just switching deals.
  • feisty1
    feisty1 Posts: 1,487 Forumite
    uh uh...........this wont have gone to underwriting yet, it would be some nice helpful person answering the fone in the retention centre doing their job..........
  • feisty1
    feisty1 Posts: 1,487 Forumite
    I though most lenders do not do reviews when just switching deals.

    Most of the lenders are doing so now.......
  • I am very optermistic about this deal. It was explained that i had been overpaying for 12 months. As this is a repayment mortgage the O-P has been deducted from the total owed.

    I will update on Monday.

    Thanks
  • Job Done.

    Confirmed that i am now on a tracker for life at 1.9% above BOE rate.

    Brill.

    Starts fro 01.03.09
  • herbiesjp
    herbiesjp Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Excellent news

    I bet you are glad you went to your existing lender now aren't you
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.