We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Re-Mortgage - Bad credit history
grayclose31
Posts: 121 Forumite
Can anyone help me find a decent offer from a Mortgage company.
We have been advised that we may not get one from the high street but are investigating our opptions.
We did have arrears on our Mortgage but have paid them off and not been in arrears for over 12 months.
My mortgage advisor has only come up with one offer from a company called PLATFORM and that is at a rate of 7.9%!!!!!!!!
I expect to pay a little over the odds and ony require 70% of the property value now.
Please can some of you on here offer and starting points.
We are affraid of leaving footprints all over our improving credit record.
Thanks for your time and help
We have been advised that we may not get one from the high street but are investigating our opptions.
We did have arrears on our Mortgage but have paid them off and not been in arrears for over 12 months.
My mortgage advisor has only come up with one offer from a company called PLATFORM and that is at a rate of 7.9%!!!!!!!!
I expect to pay a little over the odds and ony require 70% of the property value now.
Please can some of you on here offer and starting points.
We are affraid of leaving footprints all over our improving credit record.
Thanks for your time and help
0
Comments
-
You've already seen a mortgage broker - is there a reason you don't believe they've found you a suitable product?0
-
Yes it has taken him over 4 months to come up with this offer and he said that if i don't take it before it expires the rate will go up.
I can not understand how this can be!0 -
Just wanted a Bump to see if anyone can help.0
-
You are looking for a re-mortgage right?
Who is your current lender? What rate are you on and what deals have they offered you?I am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
Yes a re-mortgage. Current lender is the Woolwich/Barclays. I have an outstanding bank charge claim against Baclays for 8k.
I have not asked them yet as i was relying on my advisor.
Currently on standard rate.0 -
Don't move away from a high street lender and their rates!!!!!!!!!!!
Do not go to Platform and 7.9%
Give Woolwich a call straight away and ask them what deal they will offer you.I am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
Quote........."that is at a rate of 7.9%!!!!!!!!"
I am not surprised by these rates considering yr recent defaults ( yes over 1 yr ago is recent) If yr not happy with yr adviser, change them.....as nobody on the high street will offer you a mortgage .....just see herbiesjp post and agree with them........dont move0 -
I am afraid that i will have to because of my history. I just wanted to know if there was other options.0
-
grayclose31 wrote: »I am afraid that i will have to because of my history. I just wanted to know if there was other options.
Why do you have to?
Have they said they are not going to offer you a simple product switch?I am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
Quote........."that is at a rate of 7.9%!!!!!!!!"
I am not surprised by these rates considering yr recent defaults ( yes over 1 yr ago is recent) If yr not happy with yr adviser, change them.....as nobody on the high street will offer you a mortgage .....just see herbiesjp post and agree with them........dont move
Thanks for your HELP. I am not looking for an ADVISOR i am looking for someone who has been in the same position or at least able to point me in the right direction.
I am quite sure i am not the only person on here in my position.
And you should spell it ''YOUR''.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards