rbs royalities gold account

Options
We have the RBS royalities gold account which is 12.95 a month we have never used it for anything. I know there is breakdown cover but I can get that for alot cheaper and some travel insurance. Does anyone have this type of account and is it worth it?

Comments

• milfordmadness
    Options
    eden1969 wrote: »
    We have the RBS royalities gold account which is 12.95 a month we have never used it for anything. I know there is breakdown cover but I can get that for alot cheaper and some travel insurance. Does anyone have this type of account and is it worth it?

You may be tied in for 12mth now though so if its new cancel asap if you are not happy.... :beer:

(unless you were mis-sold it then you have a 14 day grace period)
    Some say he is a racist, others say he is a liar but the truth will always prevail...

Milford has left the house & aint coming back!
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Options
    You may be tied in for 12mth now though so if its new cancel asap if you are not happy.... :beer:

(unless you were mis-sold it then you have a 14 day grace period)
    The RBS and Natwest gold accounts don't have an initial contract period so the OP can cancel at any time.

Also the initial cancellation period to receive a full refund of any fees paid is 90 days if you don't use any of the benefits :D

Anyway, OP, you can see all the benefits at rbsroyalties.com, password 'gold', if you don't think you can save yourself £155.40 a year then you need to either 1) go to the branch to cancel it, there is a short form to fill in or 2) write a letter to your branch and make sure you sign it, saying you want to cancel the royalties gold and quote your account number and sort code.

Either of these methods SHOULD result in your account being converted back to a current account with no monthly fee.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• milfordmadness
    Options
    Kavanne wrote: »
    The RBS and Natwest gold accounts don't have an initial contract period so the OP can cancel at any time.

Also the initial cancellation period to receive a full refund of any fees paid is 90 days if you don't use any of the benefits :D

Anyway, OP, you can see all the benefits at rbsroyalties.com, password 'gold', if you don't think you can save yourself £155.40 a year then you need to either 1) go to the branch to cancel it, there is a short form to fill in or 2) write a letter to your branch and make sure you sign it, saying you want to cancel the royalties gold and quote your account number and sort code.

Either of these methods SHOULD result in your account being converted back to a current account with no monthly fee.

Thats good unlike Natwest/HSBC who tie you in for a year!
    Some say he is a racist, others say he is a liar but the truth will always prevail...

• Kavanne
    Options
    Thats good unlike Natwest/HSBC who tie you in for a year!
    Eh? Natwest do not tie you in at all with advantage gold. Their advantage BLUE option does have an initial 6 month contract but after that you can cancel at any time.

From HSBC's ads I do believe there is an initial 12 month contract with their Plus option, but I've not researched that any further I will admit.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

• milfordmadness
    Options
    Eh? Natwest do not tie you in at all with advantage gold. Their advantage BLUE option does have an initial 6 month contract but after that you can cancel at any time.

I got paperwork from Natwest - 12 month tie in afterwhich its rolling monthly contract....? Hmmm

HSBC deffo tie you for a year, then monthly like Natwest :cool:

• Kavanne
    Options
    I got paperwork from Natwest - 12 month tie in afterwhich its rolling monthly contract....? Hmmm

HSBC deffo tie you for a year, then monthly like Natwest :cool:
    Yeah clearly I have been misselling to all of my customers for the past year.... I don't think I would still be there if that was the case (all our calls are recorded and when I sell an advantage gold/advantage blue I am assessed on whether or not I have given the customers the correct information). So I can only assume we are talking about different accounts here.

What is the name of this account you are referring to with natwest? As I have said, I am referring to Advantage Gold although I did mention Advantage Blue in the previous post.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

• milfordmadness
    Options
    Yeah clearly I have been misselling to all of my customers for the past year.... I don't think I would still be there if that was the case (all our calls are recorded and when I sell an advantage gold/advantage blue I am assessed on whether or not I have given the customers the correct information). So I can only assume we are talking about different accounts here.

What is the name of this account you are referring to with natwest? As I have said, I am referring to Advantage Gold although I did mention Advantage Blue in the previous post.

Advantage Gold - I have it in black and white (well blue ink) lol

Maybe the assistant is !!!!!! or summat...? Dunno but thas what she wrote and told me :rotfl:

So assuming you work for Natwest, why would they open account and then close it again within a couple of days? Is it after additional checks or something??

• Kavanne
    Options
    So assuming you work for Natwest, why would they open account and then close it again within a couple of days? Is it after additional checks or something??
    Yes an account may fail the 2nd stage credit score.

However, what I mean by not having a 12 month contract is that YOU the consumer have the right to change your advantage gold account back to a normal current account with no monthly fee at ANY time. Not the bank can close your account at any time.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

• milfordmadness
    Options
    Yes an account may fail the 2nd stage credit score.

However, what I mean by not having a 12 month contract is that YOU the consumer have the right to change your advantage gold account back to a normal current account with no monthly fee at ANY time. Not the bank can close your account at any time.

sorry to diversify from subect in hand but.....

Can you elaborate what a 2nd stage is? i.e. how can they pass one stage and fail another within 3 days? I got account details letter, paying in book, chq book and when i thought card arrived it was letter stating account was declined and above account was now closed! Then got a statement confirming closed account!

I reapplied, done it all again and same outcome! LOL

• Kavanne
    Options
    No I cannot elaborate as I am not an underwriter.

You can phone them and ask to speak to the customer care team but you are unlikely to get any further. If you can't open a current plus account there are other options within natwest and elsewhere for you.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills