dwp cold weather payment why have we not recieved it?

Options
i recieve wtc & ctc with disabled premium for a young child which also includes the high element, dla high rate car and dla low mobility our postcode has had payouts so why have we not, i found this and this states we should be entitalled

Who is eligible?

You may be eligible for a Cold Weather Payment for each week of very cold weather in your area if you get Pension Credit.
You may also be eligible for a Cold Weather Payment for each qualifying week if you are getting Income Support or income-based Jobseeker's Allowance and have a child under five or get one of the following:
  • a pensioner premium, higher pensioner premium or enhanced pensioner premium
  • a disability premium or severe disability premium
  • a disabled child premium
  • Child Tax Credit that includes an individual element for a child or qualifying young person who is disabled or severely disabled

Comments

• tattoed_bum
    tattoed_bum Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Options
    i have havent recieved any payment either ,the way i understand it is that if one of you in the household are working then you do not qualify .
    or i should say this was the way it was explained to me .
    i also recieve dla for my son on low rate mobility and middle rate care.
  • i am right in saying that the statement i have found does state that we are eligible to it??
  • Hello there!

I was taken in by this a few weeks ago, and thought my luck had changed!

There is an important AND that is easy to miss, and you need to read several times.

if you are getting Income Support or income-based Jobseeker's Allowance and have a child under five or get one of the following:

I've highlighted the bit, which means we do not qualify.

Regards
    Munchie
  • tattoed_bum
    Options
    i read it and understood it in the same way that you did.
    but when phoning the benifits helpline i was then told that the wording was wrong and you only recieved it if you recieved jsa

the way i read it was the "or one of the following disabled element of child tax credits "
    which is the benefit we do recieve
  • that is really bad, they even admitted that the wording was wrong, oh well still got the £60.00 xb to treat him with.
  • tattoed_bum
    Options
    i havent even had that yet lol. but hopefully soon
  • minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi, I receive the same benefits and DLA as you for my son. What is £60.00 xb? (sorry if I've misread it or are just being a bit dim!)
  • Regards to the £60 payment.

I have seen a post here...somewhere.., saying that there is an announcement on the DLA helpline saying that your money should be with the second payment of the year.
    I am assuming that the DLA payment will trigger my carers payment...(?)

I don't care when, I'd like to have a date to work to,

Regards
    Munchie
  • richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I receive the same benefits and DLA as you for my son. What is £60.00 xb? (sorry if I've misread it or are just being a bit dim!)
    Here is the link
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/On_a_low_income/DG_10018704
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Regards to the £60 payment.

I have seen a post here...somewhere.., saying that there is an announcement on the DLA helpline saying that your money should be with the second payment of the year.
    I am assuming that the DLA payment will trigger my carers payment...(?)

I don't care when, I'd like to have a date to work to,

Regards
    Munchie

I've had 12 people mention in the last few days they haven't got their £60 yet, like I said until they get a letter saying it'll be paid on X date the only thing you can say is the government have stated it'll be in between Jan 09 and March 09.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure