£6.35 Charge Natwest

Options
Hi,

Don't know if I've posted this in the right place.
I have logged into my natwest today and have found I have had a bank charge for £6.35. It doesn't say what the charge is for, I have not been overdrawn so have no idea what this charge is for. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks

Lyn

Comments

• milfordmadness
    Options
    Hi,

Don't know if I've posted this in the right place.
    I have logged into my natwest today and have found I have had a bank charge for £6.35. It doesn't say what the charge is for, I have not been overdrawn so have no idea what this charge is for. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks

Lyn

Is it by any chance the monthly fee for an account, such as Natwest Blue? I am sure, from memory, this costs around £6 per month......

Is this your account, maybe? http://www.natwest.com/personal/current-accounts/g1/accounts-with-extras/advantage-blue.ashx
    Some say he is a racist, others say he is a liar but the truth will always prevail...

Milford has left the house & aint coming back!
  • suggarcookie
    Options
    I only applied for a basic STEP account so I wasn't aware I would have any charges.
  • suggarcookie
    Options
    Just looked at the link in your post, looks like it could be that. I vaguely remember seeing something on a letter about it but I thought I would have to confirm I wanted it. Will I now be charged again for going overdrawn??
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Options
    Did you open the account mid month? Sounds like someone might have put 'advantage blue' on your account. But it has a £6.95 a month charge.... £6.35 could be a partial charge?
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• suggarcookie
    Options
    Think I opened it mid december, that is the first charge I have had though.
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Options
    call em and ask if you have advantage blue
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• milfordmadness
    Options

I think you do have Blue. Thats why I put the link up to kinda remind you lol, the features etc would confirm this. From my understanding, applying for a basic account with a good score would still result in a full account, even with solo card as opposed to Maestro.

What card do you have, if solo then maybe you applied for a cardcash account, the adviser thought they'd apply for a blue one and it accepted you with solo only? If Maestro then deffo not a basic step account as Maestro not available with that account.... the card may be the answer to your question...

Hope this helps but chances are what with it being the 1st charge etc that it is the account management fee, i.e. Advantage Blue ;)
    Some say he is a racist, others say he is a liar but the truth will always prevail...

• suggarcookie
    Options
    I've got a Solo, I'm more worried about getting another charge on top for going overdrawn now. I don't usually go overdrawn.
  • milfordmadness
    Options
    I've got a Solo, I'm more worried about getting another charge on top for going overdrawn now. I don't usually go overdrawn.

Ok, you've got Adv Blue with Solo then. If you did not want an account you pay for then i'd complain quick smart as you only really have 14/28 days to argue your point but if mis-sold then you can cancel at any point free of possible charge, failing that downgrade your account (ask in branch to downgrade).

Personally, i'd ring banking or look online and ask the question; What is my account type, is it Advantage Blue or Step Account? The adviser will have to be honest and tell you the correct account type....

• suggarcookie
    Options
    Thanks for all your help I will ring the bank 2moz, if it is an Advantage Blue account though I think it's going to be to late to cancel now, I will try though.

Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport