Icesave - Still waiting!!! is anyone else?

Options
I am still waiting to receive our money from FSCS which was in an Icesave saving account.

We couldn't use the online process as we didn't have a nominated account so we completed the paper application and returned it 8 weeks ago but we've still not heard anything.

Is anyone else still waiting?

we really need the money now as it was our wedding fund!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    yes. 11 weeks after maturity
  • ziglet
    Options
    Kittie,

have you been told when you might receive it?

What kind of account did you have?

We have a joint instant access account and my fiance had an ISA too.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am fobbed off every time I e mail or talk to anyone. Just normal fixed rate accounts
  • ziglet
    Options
    Me too. They refuse to give an estimated time scale of when we might receive the money.

Is anyone else still waiting?
  • GlasWolf
    GlasWolf Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me too, 6 month fixed rate account matured Christmas day (!). I received the form in the first batch so I thought I had a decent chance of being reimbursed promptly. Wishful thinking...
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    awaiting isa money, now 10 weeks after form sent in, rung 4 times , no answer forthcoming from the fscs about when to expect payment, by the time i get the isa certificate it will be null and void, absolutley useless waste of space this lot:mad:
    sanfly
  • Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • Gray_colt
    Options
    My reply from fscs today...Just a quick update, our offices are closed today as no one can get into London. As soon as I am in the office I will find out exactly what is going on with your case.

My initial investigations have seemed to indicate that we do not appear to have received your application form. Obviously I cannot confirm this today but I wonder if you kept a copy of the form you sent to us? If so could you send me a copy?

Sent it in about 13th december so im not too chuffed if they dont have it! I wonder how many more have been (lost) Or thrown away. :( I really need this money now too.
  • pem2
    pem2 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Likewise no joy here, sent forms back 22nd Dec. FTD matured 24th Jan. nothing yet. Compared to some of you other people this is early days, this doesn't bode well for later maturing funds. Whether they are short staffed or HMG have told them to hold back all amounts we'll probably never know, but I bet no-one has received a cheque on time i.e within a couple of days.
  • shindigger
    Options
    Gray_colt wrote: »
    My reply from fscs today...Just a quick update, our offices are closed today as no one can get into London. As soon as I am in the office I will find out exactly what is going on with your case.

My initial investigations have seemed to indicate that we do not appear to have received your application form. Obviously I cannot confirm this today but I wonder if you kept a copy of the form you sent to us? If so could you send me a copy?

Sent it in about 13th december so im not too chuffed if they dont have it! I wonder how many more have been (lost) Or thrown away. :( I really need this money now too.

Dont be too concerned by that mail. I was told they didnt have my form 3 weeks ago, then within 3 hours i had a call form a cheese at the FSCS saying they were prcessing my payment. Bonkers.
    There is a lot of poor communication going on in that organisation at the moment. Its pot luck im afraid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure