We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Need a large lockable box to stop my stuff from being nicked!
*Vikki*
Posts: 1,303 Forumite
Help! I have been looking online for about an hour now, ebay the lot. I want a medium to large size box, under £30 that I can lock my stuff away in, so others in my house stop using it/taking it.
Have also tried finding a bedroom lock for my door but I can't find one
Have also tried finding a bedroom lock for my door but I can't find one
0
Comments
-
You would probably get more ideas if you give an idea of what you are actually locking away.... if its documents ~ you can buy a nice metal cabinet in Mr T's for around £15, I believe this already has a lock. Or why not combine 2 items ~ a small suitcase (the size you can take on an aeroplane) then buy a couple of combination locks~ probably not the ones that come with it, they can be easily cracked!
Hope this helps...What goes around comes around !! Simple but very true :rotfl:0 -
Oh sorry its to put away a mixture of stuff, food, so tins of soup, weetabix boxes, ghd's, money, squash stuff like that.0
-
Might it be cheaper to get new housemates?! :eek:
Joking aside though you should be able to get a lock from the likes of B&Q. And I think the suitcase with a lock is a good idea.0 -
cruella_de_vile wrote: »Might it be cheaper to get new housemates?! :eek:
Joking aside though you should be able to get a lock from the likes of B&Q. And I think the suitcase with a lock is a good idea.
Ah would be alright it it was but its my family doing such things:eek: :mad:0 -
You need a Tuck box like they use at boarding school. CLICK HERE You just put padlocks on them.
These can be found cheaper. I will have a look for you.£2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4
.............................NCFC member No: 00005.........
......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
NPFM 210 -
www.storagetrunks.co.ukl Slightly cheaper, with free postage.
With these if you buy the plywood one you can decorate it yourself.
£2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4
.............................NCFC member No: 00005.........
......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
NPFM 210 -
oooh nice boxes!
A waist is a terrible thing to mind.0 -
-
www.storagetrunks.co.ukl Slightly cheaper, with free postage.
With these if you buy the plywood one you can decorate it yourself.
Yea thats the type of thing I want, thank you
And cool looking to boot!
Yea being really thick about the lock thing but i have normal door handles so I can't think how i would lock it? lol0 -
Builders lockable metal tool box, go to travis perkins, wicks, grahams or similar.
They will also sell door locks as well.Breast Cancer 100 miles Oct 22 100/100miles
D-Day 80km June 24 80/80km (10.06.24)
Diabetic UK 1m steps July 24 to end Sept 24. 1,001,066/ 1,000,000 (20.09.24)
Breast Cancer Now 100 miles 1st May 2025 (18.05.25)
Diabetic UK 1 million steps July 2025 to Sept 25. 1,006,489 / 1,000,000 (10.09.25)
Breast Cancer 100 miles Oct 2025 100/100 (12.10.25 all done)
Tommy 10,000 steps challenge. 1st Nov 25 for 30 days .
Diabetic UK 1 million steps July 2026 to Sept 26. 1,002,786 / 1,000,000 (13.09.26)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
