BT Shop Advent Calendar

Options

Comments

• Figment
    Figment Posts: 2,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you buy it elsewhere, and then compare the price to the BT offer you might be OK, but the condition is usually that the item must be in stock and generally available at the reduced price.
    How do I add a signature?
  • RufusA
    RufusA Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Looks like BT is being very sneaky (aka dishonest) about this promo.

The HP iPAQ rz1710 Pocket PC plus Tom Tom wired GPS has just leapt in price from £269.99 to £329.99 in the last few minutes! The 30% off code becomes active at midnight bringing the price down to £230 (rather than the £180 hoped).

Hardly 30% off is it, I wonder if the price will drop again after tomorrow? IMHO sailing very close to the wind regarding misleading price legislation.

Rufus.
  • dickuk
    dickuk Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    The pentax camera set for 50% off on the 23rd has also gone up to £399.99.

This seems a bit out of order raising prices before the discounts.
  • notme_2
    notme_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    The Relisys 17 Inch LCD TV which is on offer today with the 30% discount was £349.99 yesterday and now jumped up to £399.99 today.
  • pepperoni_2
    pepperoni_2 Posts: 1,374 Forumite
    Options
    The HP iPAQ rz1710 Pocket PC on it's own has also jumped £30 to £199.
    Perhaps they've been to Empire for sales techniques!!
  • withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    Options
    My guess is that this is what they intended from the start - ie to replace an expiring offer with a new one - the MFI technique.

They probably jusr forgot to do this with some of the earlier offers, the resulting overlap giving people some good bargains!
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • trippy
    trippy Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The HP iPAQ rz1710 Pocket PC plus Tom Tom wired GPS has just leapt in price from £269.99 to £329.99 in the last few minutes!

Hardly 30% off is it, I wonder if the price will drop again after tomorrow? IMHO sailing very close to the wind regarding misleading price legislation.

Rufus.
    I also noticed this and just in case they are in breach of something, I've forwarded the details to Which?
    >:(
  • hesjane
    hesjane Posts: 2,123 Forumite
    Options
    Anybody take screen shops of the prices prior to the increases. If so I would be willing to take this to advertising standards or trading standards. Surely under the sale of goods act if they are discounting goods they should have been offered at the higher price for the previous 28 days (or something like that)

I was going to buy the Ipaq with tom tom and feel very disappointed with BT.

PM me if you took screenshots - faint hope, but you never know.

Hes
  • Whirly
    Whirly Posts: 394 Forumite
    Options
    If anyone is as annoyed at them as I am they can make an official complaint (I'm told) by emailing here:

opsmanager@bt.com

The story I was given (3 times) is that the £349.99 was a special offer, as is the 30%. You can't have two together.

They actually tried to tell me that the £349.99 price was an error and it had always been £399.99....they changed their tune when I said I had been considering it for days and hoping it would come up in their advent calender. So I *knew* it had been £349.99 for at least a few days.

They refuse to honour the £245 price. Period.

In truth if they had honestly run out of stock then I would have said "Fair enough" but to put OOS at 5 past midnight then back in stock at a higher price in the morning is disgusting.

>:(
  • gat_2
    Options
    I managed to order one early this morning for £244.99, I got the confimation email. Then at I got another email from them cancelling the order.

"The following items in your order have been cancelled:

· Relisys 17 Inch TFT & LCD TV (1) Price £349.99 inc. VAT each -
    Cancelled

This was either because you asked us to cancel these items, or because
    we have had a problem processing your order. Your card has not been
    charged for cancelled items.

If you would like to continue with ordering these items please contact
    us on Freephone 0800 3289654 so that we may confirm your requirements,
    delivery and payment details.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Your card has not been charged for cancelled items.

https://www.bt.com/shop"

I phoned them and they said they had made a pricing error. But by this time they had all sold out at the £399. Not even giving me the option to purchase at the higher price.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure