Diary of a compulsive spender

Comments

• Thank you Toni x
    Sealed Pot Challenge #623, Boots points = 619
    Current Debts: £62K
    :A
  • Toni_Broke wrote: »
    Supose the ex thing makes it a bit awkward for you but you are a partnership now so still have that chat and i hope you can get it sorted.

Best of luck

Tonixx

I think it might be helpful if you wrote down ALL the living expenses that you have to pay out of your account, ie, childcare, mortgage, secured loan (I presume that this was taken out with your OH now) food, gas, electricity, see how much it comes to and then you have a figure to go with to your OH and he can see how unfair that he is only paying £800 whilst you are paying the rest.

Maybe if he increases this amount, this will help you to pay off the debts yourself that have been incurred when you were with your ex. I know you say that you will be without employment shortly, so you need to get that sorted out anyway; coz what will happen if he says that he isn't going to pay anymore than what he pays already? You need to know how things are going to be sorted then. Also when you then have employment again, you will not find yourself in the same situation as you are now. It really does seem unfair to me that he has so much extra spare cash, whilst you struggle to pay the bills which he should also be contributing too.

Sorry if I have spoken out of turn or it has come across too harsh, as that isn't my intention - I am just thinking how I would be if I were in your position. Good luck
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying! :rotfl:
  • You are entirely right Turnaroundsue, I am trying to make the point with him and he seems to be accepting it at the moment. The house is in my sole name as we were not together at the time 'on a break!' so I took the loan on my own but he knew about it and reaped the benefits.

Working on him slowly but surely.
  • You are entirely right Turnaroundsue, I am trying to make the point with him and he seems to be accepting it at the moment. The house is in my sole name as we were not together at the time 'on a break!' so I took the loan on my own but he knew about it and reaped the benefits.

Working on him slowly but surely.

Thanks good to hear Lynz, keep fingers crossed - I know you said that he wouldn't be interested in this site, but could you just show him this forum in order for him to see other points of views and also that you aren't giving out any personal information as it is purely anonymous?

Good luck and keep posting as this is a wonderful site for loads of support and advice.
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying! :rotfl:
  • Spent today finding all the loose change around the house and put it in my pot to save towards something.

Sold a couple more things on Amazon and trying to motivate myself to do my ebay listings. Also only put £2 on lotto instead of the usual £20...
  • Hi Lindsey

In view of whats been said i think you definately need to have a chat with your OH and lay everything out on the table.

Great that your'e motivated selling things etc but i'm not sure that alone is going to dent your debt.

Really hope you and OH can reach an understanding.

Take care

Tonixx
  • Had a chat with DH and he seems very willing to help out which is great (just hoping he follows through)

Going to attempt to cut down on outgoings generally anyway.

I have worked out we can survive until end of March to pay the bills from money in my account and DH will have to pay all living expenses. My main challenge is I need £2500 by 22nd April to pay the childcare for my eldest as it has to be paid termly and hopefully by then I will have found another job and we will need to then continue to focus on paying off the debt and not being so wasteful.

Anyway I am going to win the lotto tonight so it will all be fine lol.
  • Also forgot to mention I cancelled my easter holiday so got £460 back half on CC and half back in bank account.

Won £10 so far on thunderball...
  • Now made £86 on Amazon which will help towards getting through the next few months.

I now have an interview for a new job on 12th Feb but I really don't want it so I am now wondering if I am wasting my time and fuel going or if i should go anyway in case nothing else comes up. It's about an hour and a half away from me and is a permanent job so i will have to make my company dormant etc.

Didn't spend anything today although needed milk for the kids but my mum bought it for me.

One more week of work left, not looking forward to it and can't wait for it to be over with now.
  • Also forgot to mention I cancelled my easter holiday so got £460 back half on CC and half back in bank account.

Won £10 so far on thunderball...

Maybe it would be an idea to put this money aside to go towards your childcare fees. £2500 is alot of money - can you get it cheaper elsewhere? I know that you are self employed, so not sure whether there is the equivalent of the voucher scheme for self employed as employed people? Maybe this might be something worth looking into if you haven't already. How old is your child(ren)?(sorry if you have already said, can't remember). When do they start full time school? Is there somewhere they could go a couple of days a week (relative, friend) which will reduce your outgoings to the childcare costs?

Not sure if any of this helps, but £1150 per month is a hell of a lot of money:eek: :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure