We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

is my Gas bill correct@ £556.56

2»

Comments

  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Arf, yesterday I signed up to a website called imeasure, its a great way to kepp a check on your usage.

    I actually came on here because I was having a bit of a panic because last night I measured how much gas my heating was using, & in 15mins, we had used 0.6 of a m3. This means 2.4m3 p/h, which seemed like a helluva lot.
    We were using 3 units a day, but National Grid came & changed our meter & we now seem to be using more gas, up to 5.5 units.
    I have a brand new economical boiler, insulation, the thermostat at 17 degrees & just 5 rads in a 2 bed semi. We only have heating on for about 1.5 hrs a day, plus 2 showers. Does this sound about right?
    :confused:

    What size boiler do you have?

    The consumption is equivilent to about an 80,000btu boiler which is quite typical.
    Fortunately the boiler won't be on 24/7 though.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Thanks for the reply!

    It's a Baxi Duo Tec 28he, which apparently means it has a 28kw output, I have no idea how that translates to btus? Am I right in thinking that although it seems like its using alot of gas, it heats up the house quickly, hopefully saving me money??
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.