How to change ISP?

Options
I am seriously frustrated and disappointed with BT and their Option 3(supposedly unlimited package).I have been with them,on this package for 2 years.But in the last 2-3 weeks i have to admit,i got a Rapidshare account.In that time a may have downloaded about 7 old films.
I do not think i am abusing the system.If you take account of the F.U.P.,for e.g......

"Only customers downloading well in excess of 100GB a month are likely to be impacted by the Fair Usage Policy.
This is the equivalent of downloading more than ten movies a week, or watching streaming content for more than 6 hours every day
The Fair Usage Policy will adversely impact less than 0.5% of the users on the network. "

I have done none of the above,not by a long shot.But the last few days my internet speed as gone to a snails pace,do they know what i am doing,and if so are they reducing the speed,so i cannot do it.

Anyway i am fed up e-mailing them for 2 days,no reply.Having incomprehensible conversations,to i presume India and getting know where.I have had enough of their bunk,and would like to know how to go about cancelling my internet subscription with them and obtaining my MAC prompty.

What would you advise,because enough is enough.I do not pay £25 a month 1MB or less speeds.

Comments

• kaisersoze_2
    Options
    Dont cancel the subscription as they wont give you a MAC and you will be without BB, the MAC makes the change happen with only a couple of hours loss on the day of change over.

Contact BT on 0800800030 and have your account number ready, ask for a MAC and be prepared for them to offer you some sweetners to try and keep you. The MAC lasts for 30 days so you can still have broadband and look around for the best deal.

Kaiser
  • snodgrass
    Options
    Thanks for that info,kaiseroze.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You can have a little moneysavers revenge on BT:

Use your MAC to sign up with the BT subsidiary plusnet, (currently £56 cashback from Quidco), go for the 90 day trial, then ask plusnet for a MAC before the trial is up and move on to your chosen new ISP. (Plusnet give you all your money back)

Result = 3 months free broadband + £56!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport