PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2009 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• BigSpender2_2
    Options
    Please put me down for £300 have Brother in law staying for few days, so slightly higher than last month actual

Save £12k in 2023 Challenge £12,000/£1,620
    The 365 day 1p Challenge 2023 Saver number 52 £667.95/£72.60
    CC debt 1/1/23 8385.21 

• TrixieB
    TrixieB Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HI I'm a brand newbie, please be gentle!!

I've joined up as a few people I know on Netmums FLC are on here so thought I'd join in too and I'd like to set my monthly budget at £200, this is for 3 adults.

Only read the first few posts so will go back now and catch up :D

OK have read a few pages, no time to read them all as it's getting late...

Spent the grand total of 35p today on groceries! I went to the Co-op earlier and bought:

Loaf Warburtons blue bread
    6 Warburtons Tattie scones
    Bag ready basted potato wegdes with olive oil and herbs/garlic
    Rustlers mega microwave beef burger
    2 of the Cuisine De France freshly made granola flapjack things
    Bag of baby new potatoes

all at 5p each, not bad hey?
    Trying very hard to be frugal and OS - just plodding on and doing my best!
    :money: :money:
    :money:
  • Rachel021967
    Options
    Today I spent £86.71 at Tesco's. £11.71 overbudget but I had to replenish some of the store cupboard. This leaves £273.29 for the month.
  • Penny2myName
    Options
    I have decided to change mine to annually as I do bulk shopping/stock piling. Plus I am working on a set amount for the year, so don't want to over confuse myself too much.
    19th March 2007 LBM£5,969.63 1st January 2018 £5960.18, 1st January 2019 £11,032.0018th August 2023 £12,435.00, Student Loan £22244.00 From 2009-12Challenges: To learn to stop spending..
  • DdraigGoch
    Options
    I'm a bit late, but please may I join in and I'm aiming for £100 for 3 adults for February, this includes "using up" food from the freezer.
    If you see me on here - shout at me to get off and go and get something useful done!! :D
  • Toonie
    Toonie Posts: 1,147 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well, spent a bit today to get in some basics in case of the snow tomorrow. We have a big shop planned for this week, though yet to decide on what we're going to be getting. Will sort that out tomorrow I think.

Tomorrow we are having hake with chips and peas and apple crumble for pudding. I've also got to do something with some thin gammon steaks my Dad gave me, he got it out of the freezer by mistake (thinking it was pork steaks) and there was too much for him to finish, so I've got a couple of bags. I'm thinking I will cook some for breakfast tomorrow and with the rest make some soup for the week. I've got carrots and an onion that need using and then some other bits and bobs, so will chuck it all in and hope for the best (unless anyone can point me to a recipe?)
    Grocery budget in 2023 £2279.18/£2700

Grocery budget in 2022 £2304.76/£2400
    Grocery budget in 2021 £2107.86/£2200
    Grocery budget in 2020 £2193.02/£2160

Saving for Christmas 2023 #15 £ 90/ £365
  • kezlou
    kezlou Posts: 3,283 Forumite
    Options
    TrixieB wrote: »
    HI I'm a brand newbie, please be gentle!!

I've joined up as a few people I know on Netmums FLC are on here so thought I'd join in too and I'd like to set my monthly budget at £200, this is for 3 adults.

Only read the first few posts so will go back now and catch up :D

OK have read a few pages, no time to read them all as it's getting late...

Spent the grand total of 35p today on groceries! I went to the Co-op earlier and bought:

Loaf Warburtons blue bread
    6 Warburtons Tattie scones
    Bag ready basted potato wegdes with olive oil and herbs/garlic
    Rustlers mega microwave beef burger
    2 of the Cuisine De France freshly made granola flapjack things
    Bag of baby new potatoes

all at 5p each, not bad hey?

Still can't believe you got it all that cheap :eek: .
    The thing that is going to get me is the price of cat food, think i might have to ask for a lift to asda, think they sell 24 tins for about £8.

Well off to make pasta for tomorrow , byexx
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks Mrs M for putting me on the list.

As part of our weekend away we had lunch out. I have placed a big order with Sainsbugs for Wednesday & our bulk buy stuff should be deliverd from the wholesalers on Thursday and we also have a weekly Organic F&V box. It looks like this will use the majority of Febs budget, but their should be enough for me to have my weekly coffee with friends ;)

We have yet to meal plan for the week,want to keep it simple as we have a very busy week ahead.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Please sign me up with a budget of £112.00 - thanks :)
    Cheryl
  • miserly_mum
    miserly_mum Posts: 1,065 Forumite
    Options
    I'm back in again this month. Please put me down for £310 running from 1-28th Feb.

2 Adults,3 Kids. To include all food,cleaning products, basic toiletries plus wipes and nappies. 2x packed lunches each day for oldest 2 boys.

OH's stuff for his 2 teabreaks are also included but his main lunchtime meal is under a separate budget

Good Luck everyone !!!
    How does a brown cow give white milk, when it only eats green grass?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure