PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2009 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Money_Fritter
    Options
    Hello Folks,

Please put me down for £105 FOR FEB GROCERY CHALLENGE

Thanks

Money Fritter
    DFW#972 LBM2 (09/07/12) £25938.84; Current £23783.35;
    Credit Credit Card1 £128.47/£6424.24 (2%);
    Credit Card2 £443.86/£15663.25 (2.8%); Overdraft £0/£2500 (0%)
  • iwanttogoonholiday
    Options
    ive just done my big month shop on asda to come wed so i spent 63 ..thats out of my 100 budget ..so then only 37 left for the rest of the month
    Learning to keep within budgets !

:money:
  • Money_Fritter
    Options
    Right folks,

As my challenge month starts when I get paid, I have already had two weeks of shopping, I had a stock up week at the begining of the month were I spent £59.62. Then this friday gone I spent £19.19. Taking my total for the month to £78.81, leaving me £26.19 for the rest of the month.

Money Fritter
    DFW#972 LBM2 (09/07/12) £25938.84; Current £23783.35;
    Credit Credit Card1 £128.47/£6424.24 (2%);
    Credit Card2 £443.86/£15663.25 (2.8%); Overdraft £0/£2500 (0%)
  • Different_Corner
    Options
    good afternoon....hope everyone is going well now in feb....on the subject of chips has anyone had any dealings with the tefal actifry ? it makes chips of quite a low fat content but cheapest ive seen is a £100 which is a lot to spend when it could be rubbish ...any comments gratefullt appreciated...

Tess
    The actifry was featured on watchdog in Nov I think, some fire safety problems with some - and I hasten to say not all. It does have some great reviews on Amazon. I have a MR deep fat fryer, I have to say it does the job very well, but its one of those things that as much as I love the results I certainly can't do deep frying frequently, the smell, health and space issues outweigh it !

Thanks for all the oven wedge tips, I've never been successful in HM oven wedges, had a fan oven for 5 years and I really really wish I'd opted for gas instead, it really does dry things out and costs a fortune to run.

Sorry for rambling OT....
    DC.
    "Some people walk in the rain... others just get wet... " - Roger Miller
  • princess_leia_3
    Options
    Made a batch of twinks today and the greedy brood have nearly eaten them all!!!
    Had to get in extra milk already and some apples and big mushrooms that I wanted to get from local so amended my total...again!!
    Sealed pot Member target £200 - No. 151
    GC Yearly £3k so far £1097 May£220/£300
    £1k in 100 days so far - £235 :p
    Snowball debt free calculator says DEC 09 - lets hope we can do it!

• nickynoo08
    nickynoo08 Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Done a bit of stocking up today. Popped out to a trade warehouse thats closing down and got 12 kitchen rolls, 400ft of cling film, 100ft of foil, a large box of nappy sacks plus a large box of chocolate fingers and crisps. Only came to £7.74:D. I never get bargains so i'm very pleased with my purchase today.
    Also popped to mrA to see if there were any bargains to be had but there was nothing.
    Might pop to work first thing and see if i can pick up some bread buns, reduced of course;) and we'll prob need milk too.
    After that i'm hopin the rest of the week should be nsd's, she says:rolleyes:
    £387.39/£196.46
    Pay my debt by End of Feb 2022
    49.28% paid!

£199.55/£500 savings by End of April 2022
    39.91% saved!

Make £2022 in 2022 - £20
  • saffouri
    saffouri Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    Please put me down for £175 for February. We did a biggish shop yesterday and as that's ended up under January, I hope we can make this lower-than-usual target for this month. (Might help that it's only 28 days??:p)

DH's job due to end in a month or two - the sods still haven't worked out exactly when he'll stop, or exactly how much his redundancy payment will be. He's gotten quite anxious and stressed about everything... and imagining us living on potatoes. Belts will need to be further tightened yes unless I can get a job soon... but somehow I'm managing to stay more optimistic than the all-potato picture!

saf
    March GC: £147.75/£180 groceries + £36.75/£50 meals out

February: £163.19/£180 + £66.14/£50 monthly budget for eating out Total £229.33/£230 :j
    January:
    £170.01/£170
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    Angel,
    Thing is those bags of frozen chips take up so much room in the freezer and always taste like cotton wool to me. I have a deep fat fryer that I dust off occasionally and always pleased with the results. But I guess it's always best to have emergency chips in the freezer :)
    Ah Im the opposite in taste! I got rid of the fryer as I didnt like the result-too greasy for me so I guess I like cottonwool! Funny how different we all are! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    They do take up a lot of room but Im lucky that I have a large freezer and with 5 of us the bag soon shrinks!;)
    Ive been good today-a NSD and I made 2 no fat teabread loaves and 2 loaves of bread and some twinks. We did manage to get our dinner by about 2.30 in the end-after all of the baking-I did fear it would be later.:j
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • reb
    reb Posts: 315 Forumite
    Options
    Made a batch of twinks today and the greedy brood have nearly eaten them all!!!
    Had to get in extra milk already and some apples and big mushrooms that I wanted to get from local so amended my total...again!!

What are TWINKS please? :confused:
    I don't get to come on here too often.
    Too buzy money saving!
    :D
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,940 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Twinks = oat hob nob type biscuits, recipe in recipe threads on page 1 of this thread - they are very easy to make and can be adapted to suit all tastes. :)

Thanks again MrsMC, found the Bagels recipe and have it ready to try tomorrow.
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport