February 2009 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Hi all
    Can you please include us for this month and we are hoping to stick to £250 for the month.
    Good luck you all. I enjoy reading this thread. I missed Clocking in for Dec month and for start of Jan so looking forward to get it under control, hopefully under £250.
    Please do share any secrets you have to those who keep their groceries sooooo low.......;)
    regards, Mr and mrs t
  • Hi,

I would like to join in this month (first month so be gentle)

i would like to budget £200 for the month (starting this weekend)

Thanks

Donna

ps: now need to figure out how to do a signature thingy...
    June Grocery challenge: £0/£225

Leeds Run for All - 21/6/09 wish me luck! :eek:
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'd like to join in this. Please put me down for £200 for one single person. It's seems a lot but this is my first time and we also do not have a lot of room to store things like fridge and freezer which are both full and no proper store cupboards.Also should any work come up then I will be having to make and eat breakfast and lunch which I don't at the mo so want to encompass that in case it happens.
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • Kippaxmum wrote: »
    Hi,

I would like to join in this month (first month so be gentle)

i would like to budget £200 for the month (starting this weekend)

Thanks

Donna

ps: now need to figure out how to do a signature thingy...

for your signature if you go to user CP near the top of the page you can access the signature adding bit from that page

hth

ioiwe x
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• Thanks, managed that (its similar to anothe forum I used to use)
    I forgot to say that budget is for All meals (including pack ups) for 2 adults, a greedy toddler who loves cucumber, a dog, cat & a tank of fish!

Luckily we got a huge bag of dog food in ASDA last week for £7!!! Should keep her going for a few months, the cat is used to the cheapest biscuits possible (she eats more than the dog!) and the fish are quite self sufficient...

Just DH & DS (age 2 going on 20) to keep happy........
    June Grocery challenge: £0/£225

Leeds Run for All - 21/6/09 wish me luck! :eek:
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246
    PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    I'm in, hopefully for a better month than the last one, my spends were crazy for some reason:eek:

I'm in for £200 again, see if i can manage better this time:o There is no reason i shouldnt be able to do this.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Hi,

I'll join this month if okay. It'll keep me focused and on track. Please put me down for £250 That's for myself, dh, dd 16, ds 14 & ds 10, 2 dogs, 4 cats & dd's boyfriend about three times a week for dinner.

Good luck everyone. I'm soooo excited to be involved from the beginning :D :T :rotfl:
  • Hi All, please put me down for £350.00 for Feb. I would like to shave £50 off of that figure but I can't seem to get my spending down any further, mind you I was spending in excess of £500.00 not too many months ago, so it's a bit of a result for me. I haven't declared for January yet as month fininshes on Saturday so will join in properly on Sunday.
    Be kinder than necessary because we do not know the battles that someone else may face

A103, A210, U211, EA300, Y163, AA316, DSE141, A300 = BA (Hons):T
    A815 MA (current)
  • scip789
    scip789 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Hi. Can I put in for £300.00 this month. I am going to try and do it this time.

Thanks

• Hiya,

Been out of the challenge for a couple of months - meant to get back on track with the new year, but had a miscarriage at the beginning of the month which knocked me for six somewhat.

Still, I have to get my life back in order, one small step at a time, so please can I come back and join again? I've got to get the spending down even more now, as we need to save for another round of IVF - which aint cheap!

Please put me down for £150 for Feb - it is a short month and I've just done an online order with ASDA for my tins & dried goods, so should only need fresh for a while! Really I'm hoping that it will be more like £120, but I don't want to set myself up to fail at the moment.

Thanks,

FE
    The best advice you can give your children: "Take responsibility for your own actions...and always Read the Small Print!"
    ..."Mind yer a*se on the step!"
    TTC with FI - RIP my 2 MC Angels - 3rd full ICSI starts May/June 2009 - BFP!!! Please let it be 'third time lucky'..... EDD 7th March 2010.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure