Running out of 0% cards. Try wife's credit?

Options
a&akay
a&akay Posts: 526 Forumite
Official MoneySavingExpert.com insert

For full info on how to find the cheapest money transfer credit cards, see the main website's [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Money Transfer Cards[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT] guide.[/FONT]

Back to the original post...

Finally running out of 0% cards after 3 years. £50000 credit £30000 outstanding on 7 active cards (13 inactive - curently cancelling) all in my name and all £30000 invested at 5% in nil taxed savings as wife doesn't work. Is it worth trying to apply for credit in her name to perpetuate this free money? Best cards for non earner?

Comments

• a&akay
    a&akay Posts: 526 Forumite
    Options
    Due to lack of response, I suspect that my family's finance's last gasp at this free money was my Egg card aniversary offer which kicked in on 1 Feb 06 for 5 months (I will monitor Mint). I was on £12k but was accepted at £15k instanteneously on the web at 95% of my credit limit (should have asked for more!). Needless to say the entire £14.25k was instantly processed - 7 working days may have been involved and my next payment due date of 19 Feb 06 was too close for comfort. I will cancel all my credit cards, bar cashback cards and Nationwide for overseas transactions, to improve my credit rating and build up the stooze pot again (it doesn't take that long) - if the credit companiies allow! Well done Martin for all the advice on this sub-thread. For a few minute's action it was well worthwhile. :T
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    a&akay wrote:
    Best cards for non earner?
    Cards that ask about household income
  • WallyMan
    WallyMan Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    Well worth spreading Stoozing across your other half. Credit limits may be impacted by joint household income but overall you will be better off. 2 of us have £80k stoozed in total across a total of about 8 cards.

Love EGG by the way. Both on their Anniversary offer at the moment which is £30k in total @ 0% for 5 months

Happy Stoozing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport