What are my consumer rights?

Hi

I purchased a phone for my son just before christmas it was £150.00 it has just died a death the keypad lights up but there is no LCD display. I bought it from ARGOS, will they just replace it or offer me my money back. I just want to be pre armed with knowing what my rights are before I go in as I am sure I read somewhere phones are different.

Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• M20DAL
    M20DAL Posts: 304 Forumite
    Hi Argos Are Normally Really Good They Will Give You Your Money Back As Long As You Have The Receipt
  • -1-
    -1- Posts: 1,289
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Their website says :-

After 30 days but within 1 year of purchase
    Please return the faulty item(s) with the receipt** and we'll usually be able to repair it for you. If we can't offer a repair, we'll usually give you a replacement. This does not affect your statutory rights.

** If you had your item delivered, your order number which can be found on your order acknowledgement or delivery packaging counts as your receipt/proof of purchase.
    :wave: Smile, you only get one life, LIVE IT.
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    As you have had the phone over 30 days and have used it,its unlikely they will give you a refund.
    PF.
  • thanks - will they exchange it for me then as I don't really want it to be sent away for repair as this means my son will be without a phone for a while
  • -1-
    -1- Posts: 1,289
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    magicmaria wrote:
    thanks - will they exchange it for me then as I don't really want it to be sent away for repair as this means my son will be without a phone for a while

It's at their descretion, they will assess the situation to see if it can be repaired or not.

Tell them you can't do without the phone and after just over a month you are very unhappy that it has broken, they will try and help more if you are a bit angry.
    :wave: Smile, you only get one life, LIVE IT.
  • M20DAL
    Hi They Will Give You A Refund Or A New Phone Tell Them You Need The Phone And You Cant Wait For A Repair You Shouldnt Have Any Problems
  • M20DAL
    Try To Be Nice And Explain The Problem This Allways Works Dont Get Angry With Them
  • M20DAL wrote:
    Hi They Will Give You A Refund Or A New Phone

How come you are so sure about this?
  • M20DAL
    Ive Took Phones Back Before And As Long As You Are Polite They Are Fine
  • HI

Thanks all for your advice I am taking it back tonight so will let you know what happens tommorow
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure