Three Downgrade - Old Plans

Options
raj75
raj75 Posts: 444 Forumite
I bought a Three Contract in May 2005 on a Video Talk 500 plan (£25/m). My usage has now reduced to less than 100 mins per month.

Hence, I called Three to downgrade my plan to Video Talk 100(£15/m). They refused, telling that VT100 is now discontinued. Only reduced plan they offer is Talk and Text 200(£20/m).

I don't have much saving by going to TT200. Also I don't use Text messaging at all. When I bought the contract in May, VT100 was still one of the plans available.

Do I have a argument that I should be offered VT100, since as per my contract at that time I am allowed to downgrade to VT100 after 6 months??

Comments

• scotsblood
    Options
    "Do I have a argument that I should be offered VT100, since as per my contract at that time I am allowed to downgrade to VT100 after 6 months??"

Does your contract specify the contracts you are able to downgrade to, or just that alternative contracts may be available?

Does your contract have a "cop out" clause that the network may vary priceplans that may be available at anytime?

I feel you are very unlikely to get any network to revert to any plan that's been discontinued. Just downgrade to the cheapest now available and move on when times up!
    Fiscally responsible or just a tight git? : :confused:

Lincolnshire 3.0kWp REC panels SMA 2500HF Inverter East Facing with no shade
  • kai666
    kai666 Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Most networks seem to work hard to get people off old tariffs onto newer more expensive ones, so I would have thought it very unlikely they will put you on a discontinued tariff.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure