Get over it, get happy, get healthy, get a life...

Options
12346»

Comments

• pepe2008
    pepe2008 Posts: 5,158 Forumite
    Options
    Snaggles wrote: »
    For the kids as much as anything I guess. And Stu is a nice person, I still like and care for him a lot, so I don't want us to be constantly at each others throats (don't get me wrong, emotions are still very raw, and rows flare up - we're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination - but I think we're doing okay, generally).

I'm not from Leeds originally, I don't have family here, and I only have one really good friend here (hi Tortoise :wave:) - I like my job, but apart from making sure the kids see their dad regularly, there is nothing much holding me here.

Maybe the 'where to live' question is governed by work and where is best for the kids rather than where is convenient for Stu?
    that sounded a bit harsh, Snaggles, but meant in the kindest way.
    :D:D stay wonky :D:D

....one-way ticket to Portugal booked !
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Matched betting god damn you woman! :)

I really don't know why more people don't do it.

I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am without it. :eek:

And I can try and give you tips on 'getting healthy' if I can. First one, eat less carbs. :D
    I know I know *looks sheepish* :o:o

I am such a worrier though and I just don't think I could handle the stress of wondering if I'm doing it right.

The healthiness thing is more 'mental health' than physical to be honest - I took up running last year and have joined a gym, so that's gradually taking care of itself.

I found myself spiralling pretty scarily downwards at one point, partly because of the split, and partly because of another relationship that became very destructive, but at the moment things are good. I've got a few friends who are just amazing and who keep me sane, and I've even taken very tentative steps into the terrifying world of dating!! :eek:

So yeah, finances is the next thing to tackle. :D
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • Snaggles
    Options
    :hello: Snaggles, didn't realise you had a diary! You sound really determined to do this - I am sure you can!
    sf xx
    Hiya SF :wave: thanks very much! I haven't seen you around for a while, how're you doing?
  • Snaggles
    Options
    pepe2008 wrote: »
    Maybe the 'where to live' question is governed by work and where is best for the kids rather than where is convenient for Stu?
    that sounded a bit harsh, Snaggles, but meant in the kindest way.
    No it didn't sound harsh - and in any case I would rather people just say what they think. :D

I suppose I'm carrying a lot of guilt where Stu is concerned, as it was me that ended the relationship. Although it does take two people to make a good marriage, and it did feel for the last couple of years as if only one of us was actively participating.

I think that's the reason I am trying so hard not to hurt him any more, by moving his children to somewhere that is not within easy reach. And also, I don't want them to ever feel like I 'kept them away from Daddy'.

As long as we are within, say, a couple of hours though, I think it will be fine.
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hiya SF :wave: thanks very much! I haven't seen you around for a while, how're you doing?
    I'm alright thanks, just plodding on! Keep that chin up sweetie, you're doing amazing :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • pepe2008
    pepe2008 Posts: 5,158 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Snaggles, yes that makes sense.
    I'm always accused of being a bit blunt by people........but **** 'em:rotfl:
    :D:D stay wonky :D:D

....one-way ticket to Portugal booked !
  • southernscouser
    Options
    I know I know *looks sheepish* :o:o

I am such a worrier though and I just don't think I could handle the stress of wondering if I'm doing it right.

The healthiness thing is more 'mental health' than physical to be honest - I took up running last year and have joined a gym, so that's gradually taking care of itself.

I found myself spiralling pretty scarily downwards at one point, partly because of the split, and partly because of another relationship that became very destructive, but at the moment things are good. I've got a few friends who are just amazing and who keep me sane, and I've even taken very tentative steps into the terrifying world of dating!! :eek:

So yeah, finances is the next thing to tackle. :D

But after the first few when you're a bag of nerves and sweating profusely, you realise that it's very very simple and the lay odds aren't gonna go flying out of line the moment you back it at the bookie.

Seriously, have another swat at reading up on it. With minimal effort you'll make a £100 a week easily.

I've set myself a target of at least letting MB pay for my loan every month. :)

I wanna see your butt in the GIOL board very soon. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure