My kitchen install - finally done ! ( Lots of pics ! )

Options
2»

Comments

• Mehullakhani
    Options
    lagi wrote: »
    Looks great, your old kitchen would have done me. Interesting to see the order things are done. I am going to have a go at doing mine soon, great inspiration.

What was the turnaround time?

They started 8am on a monday, and were done by 6pm on a friday. Then they came back a week later to do odd bits and pieces like the shelves, and also to give the walls and ceiling a final coat of paint. So in total about 6.5 days.

It would probably have been shorter, but with a marble floor, you have to wait overnight whilst it is being sealed, and the wall tiles were naturial stone mosaic as well. So all that caused certain delays.

R

Mehul
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Very nice!! Is that travertine tiles on the floor? They look just like mine.
    I am having my kitchen done this week, I am just a little behind you. :j
  • Phirefly
    Phirefly Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    Options
    I looked at the first photo and thought "that's nice"... started going through them and realised the man was taking up that nice floor ... then I realised, you were taking OUT a lovely kitchen!

The one you took out is better than any I've ever had/used. If I'd bought a house with that one in I'd have been happy with it for the next 30 years.

Well you've certainly made me feel better about the fact that Mr. P and I have decided to save the money we were going to spend on a new kitchen for a rainy day. Ours is pretty much identical to Mehal's old one.

I wanted it replacing not just because its shabby and tired, but because the tap's broken, the sink is badly stained, the grill and extractor don't work, the fridge doesn't fit and theres only once central light so you can't see what you're doing on the worktops. Plus the rest of the house is rather plush now and the kitchen just hides away in shame like a poor relation.

I've just bought a super-cheap make do sink and tap though and we'll just have to live with the other problems for now. At the moment I feel more comfortable having 6k sitting in the bank than swallowed up in a swanky kitchen.

Looks great though, Mehal - do you mind me asking where you got it from and an idea of cost as its a similar size to mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure